“Wonderful Food, Service and Lovely Patio”
Review of The Moose Deli

The Moose Deli
Ranked #48 of 109 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Moose is my favorite place to stop for a bite to eat when I am in San Luis Obispo County! Excellent sandwiches and a lovely patio to enjoy it in. The service is top notch and the owners are actually making your sandwich. Stop by for a sandwich when in Pismo. You will not be sorry!

1  Thank Kelly L

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Forget about any of those chain sandwich shops, they don't even come close to this cozy spot. I am not ashamed to say that I am a picky person. If I am handing out my hard earned money, I certainly expect to get my dollars worth... in food and customer service. I want tasty food and a smile. That is what I got here! I can't even get that at the chain coffee-bucks I frequent. I think this place has spoiled me! Sweet smiling lady behind the counter, how can I go back to being used to cold, impersonal service when you made me feel like I got VIP treatment just ordering a turkey sandwich? Wish I could take this shop home with me... patio, yummy food and friendly faces included!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great sandwiches, highly recommended! Very fresh ingredients, and quick service. Staff is very friendly also.

1  Thank Marie012345
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We used Trip Advisor to direct us to this excellent small deli in downtown Pismo Beach. It has a No. 2 rating amongst places to each in Pismo Beach and we endorse that. Polly had an Italiano and I went for the Jerky. Both were excellent! The place was scrupiously clean. The guy serving behind the counter supports the best footie team in the world!

3  Thank Steve H
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My partner and I were visiting Pismo Beach last weekend for our 12th anniversary. After spending the morning walking along the beach, we walked around the business district near the water, looking for a place to grab lunch. Nothing impressed us. So I checked out Trip Advisor (where I do most of my reviews), and found this Moose Deli ranked at the #1 spot. We got in the car and drove to the northern part of town, where we found the Moose Deli.

We ordered the BLTA and the Italiano "to go", as we were going to take it back to our hotel and eat by the pool. Then we noticed the wonderful patio area out back and changed it to "for here". Our sandwiches were brought to us at our table. I devoured the Italiano. That french bread was amazing, as was the rest of it. I hate mustard, and forgot to leave it off. Even with the mustard, my sandwich was great. My partner raved about his BLTA. He loved the sliced sourdough bread and likewise, finished the whole thing.

Yes, this is a tiny place. The menu is somewhat limited, but they will custom-prepare anything you want, so that's a big plus. I won't use the term "hole in the wall" here, because that would imply the place is a dump, which it clearly is not. The couple who owns the Moose obviously put a great deal of care into the details. The place is very clean inside and out. Even the restroom is spotless.

The patio is more than inviting. It is welcoming. As are the couple who run the place. Each of them took the time to check on us while we enjoyed our food. You can easily tell they love what they do and they care about their customers. When we find a place we love in a town we visit often, we will always return. The Moose Deli has made us customers for life. We'll go back there for sure next time we are in Pismo.

We only get to Pismo Beach every year or so. For the locals in Pismo and the surrounding areas, I truly hope you will support this small business, so they will still be going strong the next time we are in the area.

2  Thank jvptravels