“Top Notch Sandwiches, First Class Owners!”
Review of The Moose Deli - CLOSED

The Moose Deli
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My partner and I were visiting Pismo Beach last weekend for our 12th anniversary. After spending the morning walking along the beach, we walked around the business district near the water, looking for a place to grab lunch. Nothing impressed us. So I checked out Trip Advisor (where I do most of my reviews), and found this Moose Deli ranked at the #1 spot. We got in the car and drove to the northern part of town, where we found the Moose Deli.

We ordered the BLTA and the Italiano "to go", as we were going to take it back to our hotel and eat by the pool. Then we noticed the wonderful patio area out back and changed it to "for here". Our sandwiches were brought to us at our table. I devoured the Italiano. That french bread was amazing, as was the rest of it. I hate mustard, and forgot to leave it off. Even with the mustard, my sandwich was great. My partner raved about his BLTA. He loved the sliced sourdough bread and likewise, finished the whole thing.

Yes, this is a tiny place. The menu is somewhat limited, but they will custom-prepare anything you want, so that's a big plus. I won't use the term "hole in the wall" here, because that would imply the place is a dump, which it clearly is not. The couple who owns the Moose obviously put a great deal of care into the details. The place is very clean inside and out. Even the restroom is spotless.

The patio is more than inviting. It is welcoming. As are the couple who run the place. Each of them took the time to check on us while we enjoyed our food. You can easily tell they love what they do and they care about their customers. When we find a place we love in a town we visit often, we will always return. The Moose Deli has made us customers for life. We'll go back there for sure next time we are in Pismo.

We only get to Pismo Beach every year or so. For the locals in Pismo and the surrounding areas, I truly hope you will support this small business, so they will still be going strong the next time we are in the area.

Date of visit: September 2012
2  Thank jvptravels

Reviewed September 4, 2012

On your way to the beach or just need a place to relax in downtown Pismo? This is the place. They are friendly and make great sandwiches. The patio is a nice place to eat. Prices are reasonable. Local color is good too!

Date of visit: August 2012
1  Thank Triangletravel
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A flavorfill stop!! Lighter and tastier than a NY style deli, which is good. Just right for the trip home.

Date of visit: September 2012
1  Thank MachuPicchuMike479
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a little hole in the wall just next to Pismo Bob's. I've walked right past it and knew it was there! The bread is fresh, the meats are top quality Boars Head, and the condiments are always crisp. You can't go wrong. I like the #14.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We like this little deli for sandwiches and salads. Nice outdoor patio for dining and good location.

Date of visit: May 2012