“Great room for a great price!”

Quality Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Southern California
“Great room for a great price!”
Reviewed July 16, 2009

After reading the reviews, I decided to book the Quality Inn in Pismo Beach. Upon arrival, we checked in, even a little early, and our room was ready. We were given a room upstairs facing the residential street and the Pismo Beach Winery (although it never opened while we were there). The room was super clean and had all the amenities that we needed (fridge, microwave, coffee pot, etc.) The showers were great and we had steaming, hot water both days. The beds were really comfortable with nice linens. My favorite part was the pool area, a nice big jacuzzi and pool with very pretty waterfalls to accent the environment. Overall, we had a very nice stay for a great price. One thing that I would suggest, there is a single parking spot outside the office. We parked there one time and someone came and and told us that it was not a parking spot. It was clearly labeled with the cement block and lines. I think we were told this because the manager felt that spot was a reserved spot just for employees because we saw the same Honda Accord parked there several times during our stay. If this is the case, a sign should be put up so guests don't have to be called down to move their car like I had to. Either a sign that says no parking or employee parking only.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Coroanus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 25, 2009

If you just need a bed and a shower, this place offers a lot of value. The room seem recently remodeled with new appliances (microwave/fridge) with a moderate sized small screen TV. Grounds are nothing spectacular but is very close to a Breakfast/Lnch restaurant and the outlet stores. Closeby are supermarket and other usual stores. For the travelers who just need a bed/shower, this will be very adequate.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank yacro
QIGlendale, GM at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, May 27, 2009
Thank you very much for your feedback.
The hotel is nothing fancy but we really try to & do provide clean rooms/facility, comfortable beds, friendly staff and most amenities that other resorts offer (and some that even the resorts don't offer) .....and at much lower rates then you will typically find at any given day throughout the year. I believe that's what make Quality Inn Pismo Beach the best value for money our guests spend for a hotel room.
Once again thank you for your comments and we hope you will choose us again during your next visit to Pismo Beach.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Our check in and check out was great. The front desk staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was very clean and did not look its age. There was a work station with a really nice and comfortable desk chair. The bed was soft. There was also a nice flat screen tv in the room!

The bathroom was small for a handicap room (as was the rest of the room), but all the plumbing worked great. The fridge and microwave worked as expected and both were clean. The WiFi was another thing that worked great too.

There is a pool and hot tub outside open from 10 to 10. I didn't use either, but the spa was hot and the pool water was cold. The continental breakfast was great. A few different cold and hot cereals, coffee, hot chocolate, juices, danishes, and a few other items. The eating area was pretty big and had a tv.

There is plenty of parking. The property is within walking distance of a few restaurants and an outlet center. Further up the road, about a 10 to 15 minute walk, there are other restaurants.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DurNacc
QualityInn-PB-GM, Owner at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, March 31, 2009
I would like to Thank you for your kind words.
In past couple of years we have done everything in our power to ensure that each and every one of our guests' stay with us was a comfortable one. It is wonderful to get feedback such as yours to know that all our efforts are not going unnoticed.
I will make sure to pass your comments on to the hotel staff.
Thanks again!! We hope to have you as our guest on your next trip to Pismo Beach.
Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed February 23, 2009

When we read the reviews we were not sure about the hotel. But we decided to take a chance after looking at hotel website. The pictures looked nice and they offered lot of amenities.
We were not disapointed in our decission. It was a very nice hotel. Rooms were probably little smaller then other high end hotels but they were clean and very well appointed. Housekeeping staff was great...they completely cleaned our rooms daily and front desk staff was friendly & helpfull as well.
No frills, nothing fancy but great value.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SamCin
CA
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We had 3 rooms for family reunion. Registering when we arrived was un-eventful. Rooms were exactly as we had requested & expected.
Most of all they vere all very CLEAN (although, they were little crowded with all the things they had in the room). The pillow-top beds with comforters were one of the best I have seen in any hotels. Little noisy in the morning but to be fair it was 10am (obviously missed the breakfast :)). Overall it was a great experience for all 12 of us.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank FalkCa
bakersfield
Reviewed November 22, 2008

The room was just okay but good location. Stay upstairs if you don't wan't to hear an elephant parade all night, and I believe it was due to poor construction of the hotel. First shower was lukewarm, and 2nd shower was FREEZING. Other hotels have always had warm water to spare. To date I still have not received my 2 pairs of shoes that I accidently left in the room upon checkout. I called the hotel the same day I left them and after 3-4 calls to them they finally told me they had my shoes. I was given instructions to send a prepaid box to mail them and they received it from me in 2 days. It's been 2 weeks now and still no shoes. I have called many times and all I'm told is that they were mailed. Guests Beware! I wish I had known that all my effort to get their help would be wasted time and it would have been easier to drive over one day and handle it myself.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
QualityInn-PB-GM, GM at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, December 8, 2008
I would like to Thanks you for your comments. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We normally don't have any issues with hot water, although, it is true that some of our guests find the faucets a bit tricky to operate (because of two levers to control water flow & temperature). As you are probably aware, it is an older building and we have done as much improvements as we could have without actually making structural changes (and what was allowed by building department).

As for your shoes, I hope you have received it. Things were quite hectic due to up coming holiday weekend but they were shipped to you as soon as we had an opportunity to get it done.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serving your lodging needs. We hope to see you when you visit Pismo Beach next time.

Travelers are raving about these Pismo Beach hotels

LA
Reviewed September 24, 2008

This hotel is terrible/entirely way overpriced. The rooms are tiny and old--scratched up bathtub with stains/everything is faded. The one new addition is a random small flat screen on the wall. Which is really lovely as you can hear your neighbors TV when they flip it on at midnight since it's right on the wall! Yeah. That was good planning.

Plus you can hear everyone in their rooms or on the walkway walk/talk/holler/whisper/drop a pin ... And you can hear everyone in the parking lot! The rooms overlook the parking lot, so get ready to hear every car drive by. yahoo!

Walls are thin. SO thin. We were up all night/every hour hearing someone talk/yell/flip on their TV. it was terrible.

Plus our hotel key pooped out twice--and we only went back and forth to our room four times in our quick overnight stay.

The breakfast was decent. The staff was nice enough. Just the entire hotel = terrible.

My advice? Whatever the cost of neighboring hotels are PAY IT if you want to get any sleep.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — the noise .... my gosh ... THE NOISE
  • Stayed September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)