“Nice Hotel. Great Value”

Quality Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed February 23, 2009

When we read the reviews we were not sure about the hotel. But we decided to take a chance after looking at hotel website. The pictures looked nice and they offered lot of amenities.
We were not disapointed in our decission. It was a very nice hotel. Rooms were probably little smaller then other high end hotels but they were clean and very well appointed. Housekeeping staff was great...they completely cleaned our rooms daily and front desk staff was friendly & helpfull as well.
No frills, nothing fancy but great value.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SamCin

Reviewed February 21, 2009

We had 3 rooms for family reunion. Registering when we arrived was un-eventful. Rooms were exactly as we had requested & expected.
Most of all they vere all very CLEAN (although, they were little crowded with all the things they had in the room). The pillow-top beds with comforters were one of the best I have seen in any hotels. Little noisy in the morning but to be fair it was 10am (obviously missed the breakfast :)). Overall it was a great experience for all 12 of us.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank FalkCa
Reviewed November 22, 2008

The room was just okay but good location. Stay upstairs if you don't wan't to hear an elephant parade all night, and I believe it was due to poor construction of the hotel. First shower was lukewarm, and 2nd shower was FREEZING. Other hotels have always had warm water to spare. To date I still have not received my 2 pairs of shoes that I accidently left in the room upon checkout. I called the hotel the same day I left them and after 3-4 calls to them they finally told me they had my shoes. I was given instructions to send a prepaid box to mail them and they received it from me in 2 days. It's been 2 weeks now and still no shoes. I have called many times and all I'm told is that they were mailed. Guests Beware! I wish I had known that all my effort to get their help would be wasted time and it would have been easier to drive over one day and handle it myself.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
QualityInn-PB-GM, GM at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2008

I would like to Thanks you for your comments. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We normally don't have any issues with hot water, although, it is true that some of our guests find the faucets a bit tricky to operate (because of two levers to control water flow & temperature). As you are probably aware, it is an older building and we have done as much improvements as we could have without actually making structural changes (and what was allowed by building department).

As for your shoes, I hope you have received it. Things were quite hectic due to up coming holiday weekend but they were shipped to you as soon as we had an opportunity to get it done.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serving your lodging needs. We hope to see you when you visit Pismo Beach next time.

Reviewed September 24, 2008

This hotel is terrible/entirely way overpriced. The rooms are tiny and old--scratched up bathtub with stains/everything is faded. The one new addition is a random small flat screen on the wall. Which is really lovely as you can hear your neighbors TV when they flip it on at midnight since it's right on the wall! Yeah. That was good planning.

Plus you can hear everyone in their rooms or on the walkway walk/talk/holler/whisper/drop a pin ... And you can hear everyone in the parking lot! The rooms overlook the parking lot, so get ready to hear every car drive by. yahoo!

Walls are thin. SO thin. We were up all night/every hour hearing someone talk/yell/flip on their TV. it was terrible.

Plus our hotel key pooped out twice--and we only went back and forth to our room four times in our quick overnight stay.

The breakfast was decent. The staff was nice enough. Just the entire hotel = terrible.

My advice? Whatever the cost of neighboring hotels are PAY IT if you want to get any sleep.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 18, 2008

We were a little nervous after reading the reviews. But we ended up pleasantly surprised with the location and also the quality of the room. The room was spacious, the beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was clean, the flat screen tv was nice and the wifi was a big plus. Our room faced the RV park. The hotel was full that evening and we didn't have any problem with neighborhood noise levels. A minor problem was that we couldn't dead bolt the door. It's definitely one of the better values in Pismo Beach. The staff was friendly and helpful. I thought the breakfast was good with selections of coffee, apple and orange juice, cereals, pastries, toast.

We would come back again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 26, 2008

The only "nice" thing I can say about this hotel was that the room was cheaper than the other hotels in the area. Still, it was overpriced for what we got.

When we checked in, the staff wasn't rude, but by no means were they friendly.

Our room was on the "back side" of the hotel. You don't see this side from the website and there's a reason why. Your "view" is a large lot filled with broken down RV's! If you try to look past them, all you see is the freeway.

The room was decent. Not as clean as one would think it should be (shoe marks on the wall...) and it had a weird odor to it. Almost moldy smelling.

The bathroom was pretty awful. The light barely worked. There were broken tiles on the ground. A painted over "spit wad" on the door. Chips in the bathtub.

Coffee was out of the question. We made a pot but there was a weird film floating on top of the coffee. Thankfully there is a Starbucks and a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf just down the street.

Sleeping was difficult. You could hear the floors creek when people walked by (both upstairs and downstairs.) the bed was hard as a ROCK!!! The air conditioner was quite loud and it sounded like it wasn't working quite right.

All-in-all, this hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in. I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons, but I thought it would be better than this. I will never stay at another Choice hotel again.

Spend the extra money and stay at the Best Western down the street. Much nicer!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2008

How the hotel got my attention first was their prices. I read all of the reviews it had before booking the room, the reviews were mixed, but i decided to gamble it. I'm sure glad i did. I was a nice clean room with a flat screen tv. i was very much impress. I also loved how the outlets are just across the streets.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family