“Better than I expected”

Quality Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed May 5, 2014

You don't stay in a motel with outside corridors and expect a lot, so I just don't get it when travelers critique these places as though they should expect Conrad quality. This was an ok-looking place when we drove up. The lobby was small, but included a decent-sized breakfast area and the breakfast was good. Good coffee. Non-watered-down juice. Excellent biscuits and gravy. Good pastries and more.

Our room was quiet. The king bed was comfortable and everything was clean. Plenty of outlets, including one up high enough above the nightstand that I didn't have to drag it out to plug in my sound machine. Nice wall-mounted flat screen TV. Chest, desk, big leather desk chair, another cushy chair on the opposite side of the bed. Microwave, sizable fridge, iron, ironing board, hair dryer. Vanity and open closet area outside the toilet/tub/shower area. Towels were large but had a loofah-like roughness. Still, I always bring along towels and washcloths from home in case of things like this, so that wasn't a problem.

Had a small issue trying to get on their wi-fi (which was excellent once I got there) and the night desk person offered to come to my room and set it up for me. He came within minutes and was super courteous. Although we didn't take the time to walk there, I believe the beachfront was a very short walk away.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy19
Quality_Inn_PB, Manager at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. We appreciate feedback and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I was a little concerned to book here based on reviews. I found it very adequate for a beach trip. Vincent was very friendly at the front desk and saw we were staying for four nights so asked if we wanted a top or bottom floor away from noise. The best part of property is the large heated pool and hot tub. Great for soaking after a day at the beach. The room was a typical beach area room. Not fancy but was clean. Only negative it small bathroom. The breakfast was more than we expected so we had no complaint. Easy location to all the beach areas. We would stay again for a beach trip. If you are looking upscale book elsewhere. If you need a place to clean up after a beach day this is better than many beach type motels.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bullfrogmom
Quality_Inn_PB, Manager at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you Bullfrogmom. I'll be sure to give Vince a great big pat on the back from you. :) I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We have some pretty exciting renovations underway right now so be sure and stop by next time you're in town. Even if it's just to say hi!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed for 14 nights. The room was not too small and clean. Microwave, fridge and boiler at the room. The breakfast was very simple but OK. The staff was really nice and helpful. The wifi was lousy at the room but OK in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David L

David L,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. We appreciate genuine feedback very much. I wanted to let you know we have updated our Internet and added many more access points so the wifi signal is much stronger now. :D Happy travels.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This place was great until one night i stayed and i brought my own blanket from home that smelled like dogs so i got charged 100$ for suspicion of having a dog in the hotel room. So rude it was me and my 75 year old grandma, you think we would lie? If we were spending that much money to stay there, obviously we would of told them. Totally ruined my experience, never coming back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Madi M

Madi M,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I am very sorry your experience here was ruined. I never want any guest to feel like that. We are a 100% non-pet friendly hotel. This is actually a great selling point for people who have allergies to pet dander or a delicate olfactory sense. For this reason, whenever a pet is in a room or the evidence of a pet such as smell or fur, we have to specially treat the entire room in order to completely clean the room to standards. I recommend checking with the Front Desk to see if additional blankets are available that way you stay warm and avoid the possibility of incidental charges. I completely understand that this left you with a bad feeling about us but I hope you will reconsider and visit us again.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Good place to stay for a couple of nights. Clean rooms but not spacious, something acceptable for that price. nice free breakfast. heated pool. both refrigerator and a microwave were provided in the room which was very helpful for our baby's needs.
only negative thing is its location, cannot see the beach from the room.

Room Tip: A room near the parking lot cause anyways you cannot see the beach from any of the rooms.