“Good location, very good price”

Quality Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Walnut Creek, California
“Good location, very good price”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our stay at the Quality Inn was a good experience. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The pool and hot tub were very nice and clean too.
The Mexican restaurant adjacent to the hotel was a good alternative to driving to find dinner.
On the negative side, the bath towels were rather thin and the walkway outside the room was a bit noisy.
When the opportunity arises again, I will make another reservation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
keyrun, General Manager at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for posting your experience while staying with us. We look forward to having you back :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
jaghomeva@yahoo.com
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Good location. Very close to places to eat and shop. Room was clean and large, and wi-fi signal was strong. I was pulling a trailer, so the large parking lot was very convenient. Service was also good, and breakfast in the morning was very tasty. Overall, very relaxing stay and I would recommend to other travelers looking for mid-scale accomodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had an excellent stay. Please come and stay with us during your next visit to Pismo Beach.
Victoria BC
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I honestly can't understand how anyone could give this run-down, smelly, inhospitable hotel anything more than a poor rating. We stayed for 2 nights as part of a "romantic" getaway. There is NOTHING romantic about this hotel sandwiched between an outlet mall and an RV storage yard. There is a pervasive and horrible smell in every room - a mix of ancient cigarette smoke and throat searing "air freshener." I had a sore throat for days after, and I didn't want to go back to the motel at the end of the day. The television didnt work properly, and every inch of the room shouted "please replace me, I just want to die". The topper was the 90-decibel Zumba class across the street starting at 9am. It didn't wake me up, it just drove me crazy. I would never never go back. Never.

That said the service was decent - so kudos to the QI staff for hanging in there and providing decent service in an undecent motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Corvus47
I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience while staying with us. You are right in saying that there is nothing romantic about Quality Inn Pismo Beach; it is a family oriented hotel where we try to provide best value for our guests that visit Pismo Beach over the weekends or during vacations. The hotel has gone through a major renovation and staff manage to efficiently keep up with any issue that arise due to normal wear & tear. Quality Inn is an original hotels in Pismo Beach with everything around it "built up". So, RV storage facility in the back or outlet mall in the front is something beyond our control. As for the air freshner that was sprayed, it is a standard practice in entire hospitality industry, however, from time to time we do get requests from some guests who are arriving that we not spray anything in the room for reasons such as allergy. We normally comply with their wish.
Lastly, I appreciate your compliments about our guest service staff. I will make sure to pass it along to them.

Travelers are raving about these Pismo Beach hotels

Pismo Beach
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The plus was that it is located across from outlets and Huckleberry restaurant was good and walking distance. But the hotel halls were dirty and bathroom needed a better scrubbing. The Amtrak and freight trains were right outside our room and our view was of a tricked storage park. Price was doubled because it was the college family weekend. If I would've paid the regular rate I would've expected what I got. But not at the price I paid

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

keyrun, General Manager at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello Lorraine,

Hospitality business (or tourism business in general) tend to be very seasonal. It is kind of like buying airline tickets during peak times such as Thanks giving weekends or Christmas or summer time. It is impossible to find discounted fare tickets. Similarly, hotels everywhere (us included) tend to increase their rates during their busy season. Having said this, we believe Quality Inn Pismo Beach provides best value for your money, throughout the year.

Location wise, we are very conveniently located right off Hwy. 101 exit and adjucent to many services one would expect (restaurants, shopping, gas stations...etc.) and we are only about 10-15 minutes walk from Pismo Beach and the Pier. We are also less then 15 minutes drive to other tourist attractions such as Grover Beach, Monarch Butterfly groves, Oceano dunes. old town Arroyo Grande....etc.
Unfortunately there is not much we can do about the trains, but they are all passenger trains (no freight trains) and its only couple of times a day. Same with the RV storage facility in the back. It belongs to someone else. We normally don't have any complaints from our guests about these.

I would like to Thank you for bringing up other issues with our rooms. We use all our guests comments to improve on services we provide and do everything we can to ensure comfortable stay for all our guests. Our housekeeping staff goes through re-training periodically and have maintenance plan in place to ensure all room remain refreshed.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide lodging services during your next visit to Pismo Beach. Rates during weekdays and between November through April tend to be lower then during summer time & weekends.

Thank You!
Orange County, California
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night in early Fall 2012. The property was very quiet, not much noise from guests or traffic. The room was extremely clean. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. The staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the middle of the first building and it was extremely quiet, no foo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mindovertime
Quality_Inn_PB, General Manager at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for letting our future guests & us know about your experience whie staying with us.

Things do tend to get little noisy during weekends, when we have families with small children staying with us. Although the hotel is near hwy. 101, it is far enough that road noise in not heard (even at night).

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. I am happy inform our future guests that we have recently added make your own waffles & biscuit/gravy to our menu (which we switch around for variety instead of providing same food daily).

We will see you during your next trip to Pismo Beach :)
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I’m truly disappointed with this motel. I stayed here for a weekend, and I truly regret to have selected this place. Here’s why:

1. Service is really poor at this location.

2. Rooms are old, maintenance in this place is non-existent, quality of bedding horrible, and the cleanliness if any is very superficial. I had to clean the hairs from the bathtub of a room I just had rented. I also requested them to please bring me a clean coffee maker 4 times during the 2 days I stayed since the one if my room was really disgusting. I was never provided another coffee maker, and so I could not make coffee in my room.

3. WI – FI Connection in OK

4. Pool area is the hotel’s best asset.

5. Don’t stay in the rooms located on the back of the building. My first room was located there, and I had to move in the middle of the night as the noise from the Train and the Highway in the back was so loud.

6. I highly recommend you the Best Western located about 3 miles away from this hotel, not only is a lot nicer, but the rooms are cleaner, and the service is really friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
keyrun, General Manager at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I will respond to your comments in order of your submission.
1. All of our staff is well trained in ensuring comfortable stay for all our guests. I can understand why you were upset about our customer service. Your booking was a pre-paid reservation, for room with one bed. When you asked for 2 beded rooms, we advised you that we do have it available, however the cost is little higher. This is what you were upset about. When spoke over the phone, I even offered to provide complimentary room night if you could show that your booking was for two beded room, which you failed to provide. All the way through the entire conversation, I believe the hotel staff was polite with you just like they are suppose to be.
2. The hotel is older and while we try to do our best to maintain like a new room, it does show its age to some degree, specially towards the end of tourist season after heavy wear & tear. However, they are cleaned thoroughly after each stay and each room is inspected by supervisor to ensure quality of the room & it's cleanliness. The pictures you posted are not of dirty appliances but rather calcification due to heavy calcium in Pismo Beach water. Unfortunately we are unable to do much about eliminating calcium from city water supply.
3 & 4. Thank you.
5. The freeway if quite fr from the property. Rail track is not too far but there are only one or two Amtrack trains go by at night time.
6. There are many hotels in Pismo Beach area that are newer and of much better caliber then Quality Inn. However we are less expensive then all of them. We do believe we provide best value for our guests' $$

I do apologize we could not accomodate your wish for room with 2 beds for same price as one bed. Not all, but some third party websites guarantee a room, however type of rooms are not guaranteed. When we received your reservation, it was for a room with one bed.
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I and our grand daughter stayed for two nights last weekend, we have stayed here before and always had a good stay and found a good value in this hotel. Close enough to the beach, clean comfortable rooms, decent breakfest, great pool and hot tub, friendly staff no compliants.
not the newest or the fancyest but a good place for a quick stop for a night or two, and the price is right.
recomend highly