“Across from outlet”

Quality Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The plus was that it is located across from outlets and Huckleberry restaurant was good and walking distance. But the hotel halls were dirty and bathroom needed a better scrubbing. The Amtrak and freight trains were right outside our room and our view was of a tricked storage park. Price was doubled because it was the college family weekend. If I would've paid the regular rate I would've expected what I got. But not at the price I paid

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
keyrun, General Manager at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Hello Lorraine,

Hospitality business (or tourism business in general) tend to be very seasonal. It is kind of like buying airline tickets during peak times such as Thanks giving weekends or Christmas or summer time. It is impossible to find discounted fare tickets. Similarly, hotels everywhere (us included) tend to increase their rates during their busy season. Having said this, we believe Quality Inn Pismo Beach provides best value for your money, throughout the year.

Location wise, we are very conveniently located right off Hwy. 101 exit and adjucent to many services one would expect (restaurants, shopping, gas stations...etc.) and we are only about 10-15 minutes walk from Pismo Beach and the Pier. We are also less then 15 minutes drive to other tourist attractions such as Grover Beach, Monarch Butterfly groves, Oceano dunes. old town Arroyo Grande....etc.
Unfortunately there is not much we can do about the trains, but they are all passenger trains (no freight trains) and its only couple of times a day. Same with the RV storage facility in the back. It belongs to someone else. We normally don't have any complaints from our guests about these.

I would like to Thank you for bringing up other issues with our rooms. We use all our guests comments to improve on services we provide and do everything we can to ensure comfortable stay for all our guests. Our housekeeping staff goes through re-training periodically and have maintenance plan in place to ensure all room remain refreshed.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide lodging services during your next visit to Pismo Beach. Rates during weekdays and between November through April tend to be lower then during summer time & weekends.

Thank You!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night in early Fall 2012. The property was very quiet, not much noise from guests or traffic. The room was extremely clean. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. The staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the middle of the first building and it was extremely quiet, no foo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mindovertime
Quality_Inn_PB, General Manager at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for letting our future guests & us know about your experience whie staying with us.

Things do tend to get little noisy during weekends, when we have families with small children staying with us. Although the hotel is near hwy. 101, it is far enough that road noise in not heard (even at night).

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. I am happy inform our future guests that we have recently added make your own waffles & biscuit/gravy to our menu (which we switch around for variety instead of providing same food daily).

We will see you during your next trip to Pismo Beach :)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I’m truly disappointed with this motel. I stayed here for a weekend, and I truly regret to have selected this place. Here’s why:

1. Service is really poor at this location.

2. Rooms are old, maintenance in this place is non-existent, quality of bedding horrible, and the cleanliness if any is very superficial. I had to clean the hairs from the bathtub of a room I just had rented. I also requested them to please bring me a clean coffee maker 4 times during the 2 days I stayed since the one if my room was really disgusting. I was never provided another coffee maker, and so I could not make coffee in my room.

3. WI – FI Connection in OK

4. Pool area is the hotel’s best asset.

5. Don’t stay in the rooms located on the back of the building. My first room was located there, and I had to move in the middle of the night as the noise from the Train and the Highway in the back was so loud.

6. I highly recommend you the Best Western located about 3 miles away from this hotel, not only is a lot nicer, but the rooms are cleaner, and the service is really friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
keyrun, General Manager at Quality Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I will respond to your comments in order of your submission.
1. All of our staff is well trained in ensuring comfortable stay for all our guests. I can understand why you were upset about our customer service. Your booking was a pre-paid reservation, for room with one bed. When you asked for 2 beded rooms, we advised you that we do have it available, however the cost is little higher. This is what you were upset about. When spoke over the phone, I even offered to provide complimentary room night if you could show that your booking was for two beded room, which you failed to provide. All the way through the entire conversation, I believe the hotel staff was polite with you just like they are suppose to be.
2. The hotel is older and while we try to do our best to maintain like a new room, it does show its age to some degree, specially towards the end of tourist season after heavy wear & tear. However, they are cleaned thoroughly after each stay and each room is inspected by supervisor to ensure quality of the room & it's cleanliness. The pictures you posted are not of dirty appliances but rather calcification due to heavy calcium in Pismo Beach water. Unfortunately we are unable to do much about eliminating calcium from city water supply.
3 & 4. Thank you.
5. The freeway if quite fr from the property. Rail track is not too far but there are only one or two Amtrack trains go by at night time.
6. There are many hotels in Pismo Beach area that are newer and of much better caliber then Quality Inn. However we are less expensive then all of them. We do believe we provide best value for our guests' $$

I do apologize we could not accomodate your wish for room with 2 beds for same price as one bed. Not all, but some third party websites guarantee a room, however type of rooms are not guaranteed. When we received your reservation, it was for a room with one bed.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I and our grand daughter stayed for two nights last weekend, we have stayed here before and always had a good stay and found a good value in this hotel. Close enough to the beach, clean comfortable rooms, decent breakfest, great pool and hot tub, friendly staff no compliants.
not the newest or the fancyest but a good place for a quick stop for a night or two, and the price is right.
recomend highly

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We checked into the Quality Inn on a Saturday on peak season so the place was a bit crowded. But it was a decent room at a fair price so we went with it. First the good. It was a clean room with a decent location next to the outlet mall and not a far drive from the beach. Now the bad. Out window was broken and had been duct taped back together. Not exactly my choice for security. Secondly they had put 9 people in one room and the police were called out once for noise. Someone needs to clean up around the grounds. There was a little stream bed type deck in the back of the place and it was disgusting. A little trash pickup is in order. I wont be back anytime soon but at least the room was clean. Tip - Dont get a downstairs room because this place is built like a wooden cabin. Our upstairs neighbors kept us up all night.

Room Tip: Upstairs to avoid hearing everything upstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a great location considering it is a budget hotel. No it is not on the beach but it is an easy drive. The rooms have an exterior corridor.

My room was updated except the carpet was old and worn down. The arm chair was outdated also and may have added a slight odor to the room. My window lock was broken. and the stand up lamp would not work. The room was fairly small.

On the plus side the room was clean. It had a clean microwave and small refrigerator. Good hot water in the shower.

The front desk people were all very friendly. The pool area looked small but nice. Fun to watch the zumba class going on as I packed my car the next morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Love The spa and the heated pool! Great costmer Service from the gentle men at the Front Desk Very Helpful Price is Reasonable for Area and Ajecent to Outlet Mall I ve Stayed here in the past but Now that the pool is heated i will Defently Be Back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends