“Support Local Surf Shop”

Pismo Beach Surf Shop
Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Pismo Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Tours of Pismo Beach, Shell Beach, Avila Beach and Morro Bay along with Surf Lessons and Rentals since 1962. Pismo Beach Surf Shop began in 1962 and has a great old surfing history. We are all about the Ocean from kayaking, Surfing, Sucba Diving and SUP surfing.We specialize in surfboards, Kayak Tours of the Central Coast and SUP and Surfing Lessons. Our kayak Tours of the Caves in Pismo are an exciting adventure for all ages. We get excited about Kayaking Pismo beach and Shell Beach with our customers.
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Stopped to get gear and surfboard for teenage son to rent. Very helpful and took time to fit him and make sure he was on a board for his ability. On day 2 of our trip we found a wetsuit to buy so took the rental suit back. The owner said he could sell us a wetsuit. We thought he only rented gear. So we returned the other suit we purchased and came back to get a better suit for same price. Plus we bought boots and gloves. He put our remaining rental fees toward purchase price plus took 5-10 bucks off the listed price. I would definitely recommend seeing if they can set you up for either rental or purchase. I hear they so surf lessons and kayak tours and I'm sure they are great as well!

1  Thank Bullfrogmom
in 39 reviews
"instructions"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I haven't even done a kayak tour and I love this place. The collection of beach oddities is simply amazing - shells, coral, jewelry, and especially the crystal-rock-like slag glass of various breathtaking colors. Also available are unique authentic signs, decorative sculptures, antiques, surf wear and equipment, and much more. I live two hours away, and I've already been back three times just to get more slag glass, and I'll keep coming back.
A must-see for beach and water lovers!

1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My teen daughter and I have kayaked together in many places. We liked the Pismo Surf shop for its eclectic garden, relaxed owner/guide, and a great cave tour complete with photos. I thought the tour was a bit pricey compared to others we have done in our hometown of Santa Cruz, but it was just the 2 of us with a guide, and we really liked getting a photo disk of our adventure. The location we explored was beautiful and out guide explained what we needed to do at each section before we went through each arch/cave. It was nice to stop on the beach in a few places and look for agates and other interesting stones. We felt the trip as a bit short, but when our arms were sore from paddling on the open ocean the following day, we realized it was just right. We plan on returning for other ad

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stopped by the shop, and Bill had us out kayaking within the hour!
Wet suits, footies, life jackets, helmets, and a wonderful DVD of our excursion was all provided!
Well worth the time and money to enjoy the coast, caves and sea life of Pismo Beach!
Thanks again Bill!