“4 hours of heaven”

Central Coast Kayaks
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Pismo Beach
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The crew made it so easy to learn and feel confident about my lack of kayaking skills. The tour of the sea caves was the highlight of my trip. the scenery and sea life was exciting. we were up close to sea otters, sea lions, harbor seal, dolphins and all sorts of birds. what a blast!

1  Thank Eileen_NV
"great pictures"
"these guys"
"super fun"

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Cave tour was what we did and it was amazing. Good crew, great time. Only one complaint is my wife has MS (something we noted on the forms) and at the end of the day we help drag up the Kayaks and paddles. Men Kayaks and Ladies Paddles. My wife had three in one hand leaving one hand free to hold the hand rail. (she needs help with balance, one of the side effects of this disease) when the lead guide (Jason) ask her to add his paddle and she said "no I can't" he got what appeared to be frustrated and stuffed his paddle in the sand in frustration. I know he read over each and every waiver form but may have forgotten about her disease. So my advise to the crew would be it's not our job to drag your equipment to the street so if not everyone is able to participate suck it up and deal with it, do not show frustration because there may just be a reason they where not able to help. The trip was great and I will be back for sure.

5  Thank 19Livetotravel64
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A great family activity and one where you can take in the beauty of the California coast ecosystems. Our guides were extremely knowledgable in both the kayaking (good for first time kayakers) and knowledge and respect of the surrounding environment. On our tour as promised in the website amd brochures we saw lots of sea life from harbor seals, bat rays, turkey vultures, comorants and pelicans. Took the tour with the lunch option and had a nice picnic lunch on the sandspit before paddling back to the docks. A highly memorable and educational day!

2  Thank Darren H
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Whether you're a novice or an experienced kayak-er, this is the place. The owner and his staff are very knowledgeable, and obviously love their jobs. They made recommendations on the size and type of kayaks we needed, and the boys delivered the kayaks to the beach, gave us a short lesson on how to kayak, and helped us push off. They also told us which sea animals had been spotted that day, and what the tides and winds were like. Wet suits and booties are available for rent, and the prices for everything are very reasonable, including T-shirts. Water proof cameras are available for purchase, and we recommend buying one- you'll be amazed at what you see! Reservations are helpful but not always necessary. Remember to tip the boys!

1  Thank Lakeside31
See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have been up to the central coast many times but never got around to doing a tour with central coast kayaks. This time made sure I left time in my schedule to do it. I'm so glad I did. They provide you will all of the gear including booties, wetsuit, helmet, sunscreen, etc.. The day I went the swells were less than foot, it was like kayaking on a lake. The landscapes from the ocean were beautiful. Saw a ton of marine life including seals and dolphins. Went inside to several different caves and even stopped for a snack on a remote beach only accessed from the water. Great adventure with friendly guide(john was our guide) who even takes pictures of the outing that you get on a cd when the trip is over.