“Excellent food and service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Giuseppe's Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Giuseppe's Cucina Italiana
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Giuseppe’s Cucina Italiana was founded in 1988 by Giuseppe DiFronzo as a senior project upon graduation from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Joe, “Giuseppe”, is a son of Italian immigrants who along with the majority of their family emigrated from Bari, Puglia. Puglia is the heel of the boot region of Italy, otherwise known as the California of Italy.Joe grew up in Southern California where he learned his craft working for his four uncles who all owned Italian Delicatessens and bakeries. After fishing in Alaska on a crab boat upon graduation from Cal Poly, Joe returned to Pismo Beach and started his first 8-table restaurant in the old Landmark Hotel in Pismo. Three years later he moved to the historic Plessas Tavern, a Pismo landmark since 1921. This institution fed the likes of Eleanor Roosevelt, Bob Hope, Clark Gable, and many dignitaries and stars traveling between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Locals were thrilled to see the eatery reopen and thrive for the last 24 years! Today Giuseppe’s boasts an Italian deli and bakery across the street at 800 Price Street as well. Giuseppe also opened a sister restaurant in 2005 in downtown San Luis Obispo named “Palazzo Giuseppe.” Giuseppe spends his pastime cultivating his family farm from which he produces his 15 year old “DiFronzo Vineyards” wines, featured in his eateries. In addition to wine, he grows, cooks, and serves his organic heirloom fruits, vegetables, and herbs with pride and confidence.
Goodyear, Arizona
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was one of the best Italian restaurants I have had the pleasure to dine it! I am a Italian transplant from NY to AZ and it is so difficult to find really good italian food so, when my family and I stayed in Pismo Beach and were craving Italian food we checked the review here on Tripadvisor. First, let me say it is rare to experience such excellent service these days. I am a former server and I am usually not very happy with the level of service in most restaurants- not here, I was so impressed with the service. The food didn't miss a beat, the pasta was cooked to perfect al-dente, the seafood was perfectly cooked and our daughter still thinks about the lasagna she ordered! If you are in Pismo- eat here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Fresno, California
“Not one bad course!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We ate here for a wedding reception and had four courses served to us. This consisted of salad, ravioli, pasta with beef and a pesto type chicken. All of them were tasty. The outside garden area for large parties is nice.

Visited June 2014
Danville, California
“Fast and Furious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Love this place, I don't always make it there when in town and I always wonder why I try other places when this place is so good every time.

The wait was going to be 30 minutes so we sat at the bar, the service was excellent at the bar. Once seated we had one of the best meals ever.

I would say the service at the bar is better than at the tables, that might be due to how busy the place was.

Visited February 2014
Gilroy
“Delectable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Dinner was outstanding, service was fantastic, and the cannoli was almost as good as my mom's! I can't wait to eat there on my next trip to Pismo.

• Visited February 2014
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an awesome find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed @ Valentina Suites and saw this restaurant on the corner. It was packed w/a great crowd and luckily the wait wasn't too long. Amazing food from pasta to steak to seafood. The entire family loved our dinner and the service was great! Will absolutely return next time we're in Pismo.

Visited June 2014