“Excellent restaurant in all aspects.”
Review of Giuseppe's Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Giuseppe's Cucina Italiana
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Giuseppe’s Cucina Italiana was founded in 1988 by Giuseppe DiFronzo as a senior project upon graduation from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Joe, “Giuseppe”, is a son of Italian immigrants who along with the majority of their family emigrated from Bari, Puglia. Puglia is the heel of the boot region of Italy, otherwise known as the California of Italy.Joe grew up in Southern California where he learned his craft working for his four uncles who all owned Italian Delicatessens and bakeries. After fishing in Alaska on a crab boat upon graduation from Cal Poly, Joe returned to Pismo Beach and started his first 8-table restaurant in the old Landmark Hotel in Pismo. Three years later he moved to the historic Plessas Tavern, a Pismo landmark since 1921. This institution fed the likes of Eleanor Roosevelt, Bob Hope, Clark Gable, and many dignitaries and stars traveling between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Locals were thrilled to see the eatery reopen and thrive for the last 24 years! Today Giuseppe’s boasts an Italian deli and bakery across the street at 800 Price Street as well. Giuseppe also opened a sister restaurant in 2005 in downtown San Luis Obispo named “Palazzo Giuseppe.” Giuseppe spends his pastime cultivating his family farm from which he produces his 15 year old “DiFronzo Vineyards” wines, featured in his eateries. In addition to wine, he grows, cooks, and serves his organic heirloom fruits, vegetables, and herbs with pride and confidence.
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Excellent restaurant in all aspects.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The four of us went on a Thursday night as we are aware that this is a very popular venue. We were seated promptly. The service was excellent. The only negative was the noise level which was loud but we expected this and accepted it. Our food was fabulous. I enjoyed my osso buco as the sauce was tasty and the veal tender. The others were also quite pleased with their choices of entrees. Our wine was superb (as if it were not, it would be our mistake as the wine list is extensive). This is a classic five star restaurant!

Corning, CA
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great Italian food. Had a party of 8 and everyone had a different entree and everyone loved their pick! Great service and nice location. Would return for dinner anytime!

Visited January 2013
San Luis Obispo, California
“An Old Favorite”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have been vacationing in Pismo my entire life, and Giuseppe's is always a must. The food is fantastic, and the service is friendly. I am a picky eater, so I am a little disappointed that only have a blueberry iced tea, but everything else is flawless. I even make it a point to make it across the street to the Express for a slice of pizza!

• Visited November 2012
simi valley
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great food and great service. My wife and I eat here whenever we visit the Central Coast, which is about 4 times a year. The pasta's are awesome as well as the pizza. If you don't want to wait, try the Giuseppes express across the street.

• Visited December 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Superb Italian food at great prices!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Passed this restaurant on many occasions but a year ago ate in their sister restaurant in slo , so when we visited pismo in November we made a point of grabbing lunch in guiseppes , on entering the restaurant your are greeted by the ambience of a lovely upmarket Italian restaurant, white tablecloths nice artwork on the walls etc. the menu is wide and varied , my wife loved a seafood pasta me I'm a bit plainer in my tastes!
I had the lunch special starting with their own salad (beets and goats cheese) and a Kobe burger with homemade chips ,all delicious and generous in size, my wife had the seafood pasta which she hummed her way thru( always a good sign) along with a couple of lovely glasses of guiseppes own wine! So in short fodd great device fantastic , our new must stop spot in pismo beach!

Visited November 2012