“The view is spectacular!”
Review of Ventana Grill

Ventana Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ventana Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Discover the cool, coastal world of Ventana Grill and experience our unique coastal fusion cuisine, unlike any other. With an atmosphere that channels the four elements, Ventana Grill in Pismo Beach immerses guests in the enchanting pleasures of the natural world.
Turlock, California
“The view is spectacular!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

So while walking north on highway 1 out of Pismo Beach looking for the best view of the Pacific, I came across the Ventana Grill. I figured I would have a beer and admire what is arguably one of the best Pacific ocean views imaginable. Not wanting to leave too soon I ordered a bowl of what is definitely one of the best clam chowders I've eaten. I would highly recommend this place and can't wait to go back.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank 1958tea3

• Korean first
  • Polish first
McKinney, Texas
“Great Food & Setting”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Great bar scene if you do not have a reservation. Try to Carne Asade Nachos as a starter and the Jumbo Prawns as an Entree! You will NOT be disappointed.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank 151J0hn_S151
Del Mar, California
“Great Views; South American twist”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We come to Pismo often but have yet to try the Ventana Grill. This trip we did and it was good. I'm not an adventurist eater so this was different for me.
Everything here has a South American flare which gives it a twist to what you would otherwise expect. The menu is not large so therefore not a large selection of choices but good enough for foodie people. I'm glad we tried it and would suggest it if you are a foodie or up for something different. I personally have the "been there, done that feeling" but you should go and try for yourself. I am more of a traditionalist eater like Steamers where we have been many times.
We got there early for us, about 5:30pm, and waited about 10 minutes for a window table. The views are the best thing about this place. We watched humpback whales feeding less than a mile off shore with huge groups of birds. They were breaching, lunge feeding and showing their tails and could be seen well with their tall spouts! There were lots of excited people on the balcony watching the show.
The staff was all good. Our waiter, Eduardo, was really nice and attentive as was the rest of the staff.
Our food was prepared well and was exactly as it was described. I had what could be described as 2 very large appetizers and that was enough of a meal for me. My wife had fish and said it was excellent.
Good food and great views! Check it out.

Visited August 2014
Ramona, California, United States
“Loved the Food and the View”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We got there while lunch was still being served so the menu selection was not too big but the food offered was a good variety. I had clam chowder, fish and chips. The chowder was very flavorful and had good sized chunks of clams and potatoes. The fish and chips were some of the best I've had. My meal also had thick dinner fries and a green salad. Perfect portion sizes. My grandson had halibut tacos and said they were very good. My son was served the biggest chimichanga I have ever seen in my life! It looked very yummy and he said it was. The view of the sea from our table was spectacular and we could see whales surfacing and blowing the air our of their blowholes....I have never seen that before, except on TV. After our meal we took a short walk to a gazebo out on a small point and saw a couple more whale sightings. There were zillions of pelicans on the surrounding cliff areas. This was the first time I have been to Pismo Beach and I'd like to stop in again and eat at the Ventana Grill.

• Visited August 2014
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant, Excellent views, slow service on this occasion”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Reserved a table at this recommended restaurant before leavIng the UK for California

Firstly I'd like to say its a great restaurant with fantastic views over the pacific. Our table looked out on the sunset side of the restaurant and we were not disappointed with the stunning sunset as we ate.

Unfortunately the same could not be said for the service at this restaurant on the day we visited, in mid July. The service was very slow, the waitress was rushed of her feet. I complained and the manager came to talk to us and explain that Sundays are very busy and they had been stretched all day. It was disappointing for us but the manager tried to recover the situation by offering the entire meal free with the exception of the wine. This was very much appreciated and accepted but of course it would have been better if we hadn't needed to complain in the first place, but thank you.

The menu and food were excellent, compliments to the chef!

I would certainly give this restaurant a try again and recommend it to friends, I would definitely make sure I booked a window table on the sunset side of the restaurant and maybe avoid a Sunday, next time. We'll worth a visit

• Visited July 2014