“Great location and great food”
Review of Ventana Grill

Ventana Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ventana Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Discover the cool, coastal world of Ventana Grill and experience our unique coastal fusion cuisine, unlike any other. With an atmosphere that channels the four elements, Ventana Grill in Pismo Beach immerses guests in the enchanting pleasures of the natural world.
London, United Kingdom
“Great location and great food”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Pismo Lighthouse Suites and were recommended this place. Wandered over ( family of 4 - 2 boys 11-14) and loved the place. Unfortunately we had not booked ( big suggestion) and had to wait for nearly an hour ( 7:30 when we arrived) that said we waited at the bar and met some great locals - shout to Greg the Fireman who is teaching my sons to surf tomorrow - had Nachos, Halibut Burritos and Calamari and that was more than enough for us as a family. Great place highly recommended

• Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco
“Great choice on the Central Coast”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I'm always leary of "view"restaurants, but this is a not-to-be-missed one. The Pacific opens up to the entire restaurant and back patio - simply stunning. I was on business and by myself, so I sat at the bar as I usually do when dining alone. It was bustling but I was able to get a seat immediately. It was great to see a place that actually had the bar facing into the restaurant and the bar stools facing towards the view - how many times have I been to a great place where the view from the bar is reserved for the bar tender...never makes sense to me.
I started with the clam chowder. It is touted as the best in time, and while good, I don't think it is better than others I've had - fresh yes, but WAY too thick and needed a little kick IMO. The homemade tortillas (offered instead of bread) were amazing. I could have just had those and the salsas they bring along with the tortillas. I odered the chopped salad and was very impressed. Huge portion and I swear it kept growing in my bowl - ended up wishing I had a fridge in my hotel room so I could take it home. Everything else I saw come out of the kitchen looked seriously good. The halibut tacos would be next on my list based on the plate I saw in front of the diner next to me. I thought the wines were a bit steep and would have like to see a few more under $10/glass. I thoroughly enjoyed my quick dinner, and would definitely return - hopefully for the sunset!

• Visited August 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent service, fabulous food and great views!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were recommended by the hotel (Pismo Lighthouse and Suites) during our stay in July. The sunset view was stunning. The service was great, excellent recommendations on food. The food was just outstanding. The entire family enjoyed as there was something good for everybody.

• Visited July 2014
Shanghai, China
“Great service, nice view”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Tried to book on a Friday afternoon for dinner but was advised to walk in. Enjoyed the sunset on the patio with drinks then were seated around 30 minutes later. Great service and friendly explanation of the menu. The home made tortillas and dips were delicious as a starter. We enjoyed our mains of the fish special and rib special. Meals were tasty with Latin fresh flavors. I would recommend Ventana Grill to Pismo Beach travelers, particularly to watch the sunset and enjoy the great view and friendly and professional service.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“A great restaurant with a great view”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Very hard to find anything wrong with the Ventana grill. The service was top class and the food was very well done. The best thing about this restaurant is the stunning views over the water. Highly worth going!!

• Visited September 2013