“Seafood, Steak and a Twist of Mexican”
Review of Ventana Grill

Ventana Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ventana Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: American, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Discover the cool, coastal world of Ventana Grill and experience our unique coastal fusion cuisine, unlike any other. With an atmosphere that channels the four elements, Ventana Grill in Pismo Beach immerses guests in the enchanting pleasures of the natural world.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was welcomed at the bar by very busy, professional totally hospitable bartenders - a shout out to Tammy who was simply the best.
Their Local winery list is very nice and offers a broad selection. I started with a shrimp cocktail that was a meal in itself. Three large fresh shrimp were tucked on a glass that was filled with large chunks of shrimp, crunchy vegetables and a cocktail sauce with the consistency and tasted of a thick gazpacho. Served with fresh chips it went perfectly with my Adelaida Finder (2012) white blend wine.
My second course was beef and pork tacos. Freshly made corn tortillas and 3 kinds of freshly roasted salsa made a perfect match for my Laetitia Pinot Noir. The meats were moist and plentiful, the accompaniments all fresh.
I topped it off with the mud pie dessert. A luscious concoction of ice cream, cookie crust, fruit coulis and whipped cream.
A fabulous evening at the bar with great service and a magnificent sunset. The place is great for solos at the bar, groups or a romantic evening. Who could ask for more?

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in pismo beach on our fly drive and I booked this restaurant. Wow the food is amazing. Best steak ive had in years. The staff were friendly and as a nice gesture they gave us desserts free as they were a little delayed. They couldnt apologise enough. We were too busy admiring the gorgeous view to notice. But lovely thing to do. They thoroughly look after their customers. The food is worth any wait. Its to die for. Lovely romantic meal and setting for my husband and I so big thanks :)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Walking distance from hotel excellent views food was great and wait staff very friendlydont know what else to say but I have to use 100 characters.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was within walking distance from our hotel.....big bonus!
We walked in to have a cocktail and view the sunset, this place was crowded, we figured out why. The host said reservations were full but to put in our name for up to a 45 minute wait. Good idea!!! We lucked out in getting 2 seats at the bar, were able to view the sunset from these seats (we could have eaten dinner there as well) The menu.....fantastic!! Nice variety and prices were reasonable for the fare. Time flew, table became available (again an ocean facing winner) dinner was worth the wait!!
If you are in the area just go, just go!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

If there's a better place to dine along the California coast, I haven't found it. Just to enjoy its setting, I would tolerate mediocre food, average service, and typically inflated beach-front prices. But there's no need for tolerance here: the food was great, the service good, and the prices reasonable.We particularly enjoyed the specialty soups, including the sopa Azteca and savory clam chowder (9.5 on the "Jane Scale").

If you don't make your reservation to include a sunset, you'll really miss out.