“Pure Delight by the Sea”

SeaVenture Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
SeaVenture Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 106 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dolliver
Description: SeaVenture Restaurant located on the beach in California's Central Coast wine country, the third floor Restaurant allows you to take in breathtaking sunsets and panoramic beach and ocean views from large picture windows and outdoor decks. Chef Casey Walcott's contemporary coastal cuisine is inspired by the surrounding local wine country. Our seasonal menu is prepared with locally farmed vegetables, premium pork and beef and the highest quality fish and seafood. All desserts are made in house from scratch.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Driving down Ocean View Avenue in Pismo Beach I had no expectations, in fact I thought I was lost. I was meeting a group of friends for my first exposure to the Seaventure restaurant and an intimate dining experience poised on the sandy beaches silhouetted by the mighty Pacific ocean.

"I hit the "MOTHER LOAD!"

Chef Casey Walcott greeted our group at the table and perfectly blended between the micro cilantro, jalapeño oil, oysters Rockefeller, and best clam chowder I have EVER tasted in my life, he creatively blended words like, "Healthy, Wholesome, Hand selected, Organic Local, Kale, and Wasabi as if he was sharing his recipe for LIFE'S sweet pleasures. Visually it was a 10, presented with violet edible flowers, and each course perfectly attired to entice.

The savory Tuna Poke left me wanting more, the Scallops were touched with the lightness of Mushrooms and Goat Cheese, the Clam Chowder was ordained and the sweet, tangy Oysters Rockefeller fell from the sky and melted into my mouth. The Kale, fried Brussels Sprout Salad with Jalapeño and fresh Queso Fresco left me breathless. The Shrimp, Clam, Sausage, Saffron. Risotto jettisoned me to ecstasy. The hand selected and slow cooked Filet left me wiggling in my chair. And then, well you know the explosive ending,

Fashioned with pure love an Apple Croustade and a Chocolate Kiss. Nothing like a kiss at the end. I left wanting more yet completely satisfied my eyes started rolling back in my head, until I realized I was surrounded by other people.

I can't get you out of my mind SEAVENTURE. Happy hour 4-6 Monday through Friday you will find me there. Probably on Thursday as well with my new favorite Wolff Petite Syrah, no corkage fee that night. I'm hooked, I'm swooning, I want more. Say Hi to Ramon, Kiley and Parker for me, they were fab...never mind I'll do it myself.
Go ahead, there is plenty for all of us, try the Seaventure, you'll fall in love.

1  Thank writer2014

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The ocean view is spectacular. Be sure to ask for a table with a view of the pier to see a memorable sunset. The fact it's connected to a hotel made us worried, but we were pleasantly surprised with one of the best meals we've had in Pismo Beach. Get there early for the happy hour food specials, so you can try some of the amazing small plates first, and be sure to get the scallop appetizer that is topped with the bacon jam everyone raves about. The Kale salad was without a doubt the best I've ever had anywhere. I was not a huge fan of the The Sea Venture signature dish, but the award winning Clam Chowder is top notch. We had the Filet Pommes entree followed by a simply divine desert sampler.

1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great food, great service and great views, looking out over the Pacific Ocean. Would definitely go back.

2  Thank Matt L
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The first impression is THE VIEW. Floor to ceiling windows that look out over the ocean. Combine THAT VIEW with a meal prepared by a creative and talented chef and you have the main ingredients for a memorable evening at Seaventure restaurant on the beach in PIsmo Beach, CA. Now to spice this experience up add Teri Bayus, famed food critic / writer as the Ringmaster of a central coast circus of culinary critic wannabes and you have an amazing experience simmering.
The 16 members of Teri’s Food Writers Clinic were treated to culinary magic courtesy of Seaventure’s Executive Chef Casey Walcott. Chef Casey provided the group with tastings of his favorite seven course meal.
Chef Casey would address the group with the details of how and why he prepared each course as it was being presented (with the appropriate wine paring.) Teri would offer tips and training to the novice food writers while we enjoyed each course.
Although all seven courses were delectable, the courses that were flavor-seared into my palate’s memory were:
Fourth Course: (Salad) Kale, Fried Brussels Sprouts, Jalapeno, Queso Fresco. An eclectic mixture of greens that tease the taste buds as each flavor explodes on the scene.
Sixth Course: (Entrée) Filet Pommes MaCaire. Only the MOST tender cut of steak I have ever tasted. The sauce (gravy) was so yummy I considered picking the plate up and drinking it from the side……….
Seventh Course: (Dessert) OMG….somewhere a Crack Dealer is weeping because he knows his product has just been replaced with a dessert……this stuff was amazing…. Chef Casey artfully placed Apple Crostada, Icre Cream, Caramel Sauce home made chocolate kiss made with Godiva Liqueur……..
If you are looking for a great, comfortable evening out, fantastic view of the ocean, high quality and beautifully designed meal, go visit the Seaventure.
Tip from Teri B. “ask your waiter for the Chef’s Special”. Seaventure and Chef Casey will not disappoint.

2  Thank Steve C
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was at the Sea Venture with a group for a private tasting with small plates of the creations from Chef Casey's menu which were paired with Edna Valley wines.

Great view of the ocean from the room where we were seated, very relaxing to see the sun slip away from the day.

Casey is a humble, approachable Chef who is passionate about fresh, local ingredients - even to the extent of making every sauce, dressing and yummy bacon jam, all in house.

Big fan of the bacon jam, which was served on a seared tender scallop with mushrooms and goat cheese. I could have done without the goat cheese and had more bacon jam!

That dish and the Tuna Poke with wasabi heat and cool cucumber, was a nice pairing with the 2012 Tolosa No Oak Chardonnay - lot's of great citrus and stone fruit notes.

The Oyster Rockefeller Clam Chowder was delish, served in a tender mini-bread bowl which was made just for our group. I hope Chef Casey considers putting the bread bowl on the menu, even as a special on occasion. It was a delicate, almost 'popover' like consistency, not a typical clunky old bread bowl.

The group loved the Kale and Fried Brussels Sprouts salad drizzled with Queso Fresco and house made honey mustard dressing. Scrumptous pairing with the 2012 Stephen Ross Pinot Noir.

We finished the meal with mini bites of apple turnover and a chocolate kiss - if only every day could end that way.

On Thursday nights they have no corkage fee! Great spot to bring your favorite Edna Valley wine and enjoy the sunset.