“Very average....nothing special”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
San Diego, California
“Very average....nothing special”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I had fried beer battered shrimp and it came with six shimp that looked large until I took a bite to find it was 80% batter. My wife was happy with her fish and chips and the childs meal is a good value at $4.95. The waiter only showed up to take the order, deliver the order and to give us the bill. No refills, I had to get my own ketchup etc.

Arroyo Grande, California
“THEE Best Chowder in town!”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I have a few favs here being a local. The chowder. Fresh and choked full of veggies. It doesnt bathe my tummy in heavy cream. Its perfect and when ordered with crab on top.... WOWIE!
The fish n slaw, with the halibut, not cod.. however the cod is good too.
I love the grilled Halibut as well.
The Surfer clams! Pismo's biggest and best. yes, fried, but sometimes ya just gotta have some?
There are many places to dine here in the five cities area. Many with a view. THIS isnt one of them. Good Mom N Pop food? U betcha.... After dinner u can walk a block and get a view:)

California
“LOTS of grilled or steamed selections”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

confession... I'm a 35+ year local and have eaten here since Ann was doing the cooking herself.
There are more grilled selections than fried selections ! ! ! Just about any fish they have is available steamed or grilled just for the asking. I'm sorry the previous poster wasn't aware of it 'cuz it's sooo good. I love love love the salmon - never overcooked. Yes, their signature dish is Fish & Chips. When I order it, I ask for "fish & slaw" and it arrives with a big scoop of coleslaw. Or you can get a green salad instead of fries. And the chowder is REAL homemade chowder. Very casual, friendly, great food, reasonable prices.

Torrance, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All Fried Food”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Thought tripadvisor was a reliable source.....This was #9 on the list of restaurants in Pismo Beach....I hardly think so.....We were in the mood for a good fresh seafood dinner, and what did I get?? Breaded, fried salmon....YUM!! After driving from Monterey, and very hungry....it really hit the spot!! If you are looking for fried food, then this is your place....if you want a good seafood dinner....stay away!!

1 Thank gloreus1
Los Angeles, California
“Good Fish and Chips, Chowder, Crab Cocktail, and Onion RIngs”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We often go to Pismo Fish and Chips when we are in the area. This is a casual, family run cafe, nothing fancy, no view. If you like fried food, the fish and chips, and Onion RIngs are a good choice. I often substitute Cole Slaw instead of Fries. Portions are generous, my husband and I often split a 3 piece fish&chips.

We have not tried everything on the menu. The Chowder is great, and the Crab Cocktail was chocked full of real crab (not imitation crab). Prices are reasonable. Service is usually prompt.

1 Thank HappySurfer