“Best Fish and Chips”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Simply one of the best restaurants in Pismo, especially in the down town area. It's not fine dining by any means but the food is delicious and fairly affordable. They do to go orders, I recommend getting some fish and chips to go and eating on their outside tables or down by the pier/boardwalk area. The halibut and chips are more expensive than the regular fish and chips (which are cod) but believe me....it's worth it! The chowder is good too. If I'm sharing a meal with friends I'll get a small fish and chips and sub a salad for the fries or get an extra piece of fish. Service is great, the decor is cute.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Nothing fancy about this place, but the friendly staff and tasty, big portions made it a good place for a comfortable dinner.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We’ve visited Pismo often with our RV since 1986 and have walked by this place so many times. We finally went in last night for their fish and chips…OH MY…they are wonderful! Large, tender pieces and not at all greasy. Their cole slaw is absolutely the best I’ve ever had and I’m very picky about slaw. We look forward to going back to try their Scalone Sandwich which is a blend of scallops and abalone. Of course, I plan to have lots of slaw. Give it a try. Friendly staff. Good prices. Definitely a locals’ place. The friends we took with us said they would have never stopped there…it didn’t call out to them as it’s old and not trendy. They were very happy with their meal.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I recently took a motorcycle trip up the Cailf. coast from Ventura to almost the Oregon border. We had lots of great seafood and found that Pismo Beach fish and chips had the best fried fish! The restaurant itself leaves a bit to be desired and I would sneak my own coctail sauce in as theirs was not very good. We started with a bowl of steamed clams that was seasoned very good and steamedwith some onion which gave it a nice flavor. We also had a bowl of clam chowder that was very good and a strawberry shortcake we split that was tasty. It is not fancy that's for sure. They were very busy so the service lacked a bit but the fish, clams, chowder and shortcake was very good.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We have eaten at Pismo Fish & Chips for over 20 years and it is always great. Service is very good, courtious and always treat you like family. My wife usualy gets the grilled cod, it is lightly battered and very moist and flaky. I always get the Fish & Chips, I add a salad makes me feel like I am eating healthy truth is it is really a great salad. We always take our visiting friends and family, the only downside is too many people are finding out how good it is and you have to wait in line. Worth the wait.