“Great Burgers”

Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Pioneer
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Wow, it sounds great. The hamburgers are the best in theo area. It is a great place to stop on the way home. We had our 13 year old, 6 foot grandson with us. He ordered the double bacn cheeseburger, and it was so huge he was unable to finish it. Now that's amazing!! All the food was quality and well prepared.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Originally built in 1800s great place to take a break on Hwy 88 in beautiful natural surroundings with great food prepared and served by grateful, friendly, sincere natives of the area. Make a point to visit, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

If you are heading towards Kirkwood ski resort, up 88, this is a great place to stop for breakfast. Great menu to choose from, you can pick just one pancake if you are not that hungry!

1  Thank Piglittle
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have been here a coule of times now and all I have to say is that I LOVE THIS PLACE. The BEST burgers I know of.. even where I live. Their burgers are BIG, with what I think is a marinated sirloin for the meat and just DELICIOUS. The onion rings are WONDERFUL too. Not realy heavy with grease. more like a light tempura batter and also DELICIOUS. The French Dip sandwich... OH MY GOD....... So far, there isn't a thing on their menu that I dislike.
The location is a little out of the way, but if you are anywhere near Jackson, I would suggest a drive up HWY 88, enjoy the beauty of the mountains and eat at Cook's. The Owners ( I forgot their names.. sorry) are Wonderful.. kind and very personable. The other employees are also very nice.. The cook there is priceless...... excellent cook, I have to say. This place is a diamond in the rough. I go up there form time to time, with Cook's being my promary reason to drive 3+ hours. Get out of the city, get up in the mountains.. God's country and enjoy some wonderful food at Cook's. I then would suggest you drive back down HWY 88 to Pine Grove and stop by Munnerlyn's Ice Cream for some dessert. I will write a review for them next... but they are also WONDERFUL.

1  Thank KBS60
Reviewed October 2, 2011

A historic location from the 1800's. Was a Pony Express stop amongst other things......let me just say this place has history! Be sure to read the first couple of pages of the menu for the history of the place.

Surprisingly, all of our meals were great, too! And the staff is very friendly and accomadating.

Motorcycle friendly! We'll be stopping here again....the next time we travel Hwy. 88.

1  Thank JCZhome