“new owners”

Black Station Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Pioneer
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Comfortable family restaurant. Fireplace dinning. Set back in the trees...
Sonora, California, United States
“new owners”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

blackstation has a new menu they have usda premium cuts of steak they have the best filet mingnon in amador county no knife needed it melts in your mouth they also have some great pasta dishes chicken and shrimp fetticcine with a homemaid alfredo sauce and they have added a kids menu something for everyone

• Visited January 2013

Pioneer
“Worst in Amador County”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Food cold and over-priced; service somewhere between poor and non-existant. Had to wait over 15 minutes for a reserved table when over half of the restaurant was empty. This was the most plesant part of the evening.

Visited October 2012
Craig F, Owner at Black Station Restaurant, responded to this review, August 9, 2016
Hello! I know it has been several years since your post but as new owners as of August 1st, 2016 we would sure like you to give the "new" Black Station Inn a try! You will find a renovated restaurant, lounge, and lodge next door...a more mountain/rustic look now. And the food and service has been renovated too!

Chris & Craig, new owners
CA
“Please Trim The Steaks”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Pioneer needs a good restaurant, but sadly, I don't think this is it. The menu is limited, which is O.K., and the service is friendly - which is great, but I really didn't appreciate the decor or the quality of the food.

I had the 8 oz. rib eye steak dinner, which comes with soup, salad, a baked potato (or rice), vegetables, and ice cream. The clam chowder was pretty good, but the quality of the meal went downhill after that. The salad was O.K., but when the entree came I was really disappointed. The steak had a huge amount of fat that included a large glob of pure fat at one end of my steak that was at least 2 inches in diameter in addition to the fat surrounding the meat. The glob could have easily been trimmed off, as it was dangling from the end of the steak and was not an integral part of the cut. It was disgusting. I'd estimate that of my 8 oz. portion, 3 or 4 oz. of it was fat. I also found the steak to be way, way too chewy. It is advertised as prime cut, so I expected it to be tender. My husband had the same amount of fat on his steak and complained that his was too chewy, as well.

For dessert we had our choice of vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Our ice cream had ice crystals in it and was of average quality. I don't mind limited choices, but I want the selections to be of excellent - or at least good - quality.

Don't think we'll be back - which is sad, since we're hankering for a truly good restaurant in Pioneer.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank NevermindCA
Sutter Creek, California
“Incredible steaks from the same folks that bring you Cook's Station”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

While the menu is very limited, mostly steaks, set menu, this place is well worth the drive. All of the dinners come with a nice salad, the soup of the day, you entree with potato and fresh vegetables, and a scoop of ice cream for dessert. We went here with friends and were delighted with our steaks. We each had a different cut/size/rareness of steak. The steaks all arrived at the table hot, juicy and cooked to perfection. The service was very friendly and aimed to please. The only thing lacking is a better stocked bar and wine list. Knowing that these are the same folks that run Cooks Station, I am sure that things will only get better with time!

• Visited May 2012