“Bland”

Dining options: Reservations
Sparks, Nevada
“Bland”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I recalled this restaurant to be above average for Italian but the recent visit left me completely wanting for Italian. I ordered Scalopini Caprese and it was completely bland without any flavors one would expect in an Itialian restaurant. It was a Sunday evening, about 6 to 7 pm, and only four tables out of a perhaps 20 were occupied. I guess that should have been a clue. A recent remodel made for a pleasant atmosphere however the food was a less than average.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank John R

Pinole, California
“AWESOME”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

One of my favorite places. The service is fantastic as if their food. I love everything there including the gelato. Can't wait to go back and we were just there this week. YUMMY!

Visited October 2012
Pinole, California
“AWESOME”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I don't have anything but wonderful things to say about Due Rose. The staff are awesome and the food is amazing. I love their pizza and gnochi the best but everything is awesome. Their house salad is very good. I have never had anything but great food there. LOVE IT!

Visited October 2012
El Cerrito
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decline of Due Rose”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Been to Due Rose about 20 times. Up until 6 months ago would have given it 4 stars. The last two trips have not been the best. The chef has decided to "change a few things." Unfortunate, because what makes you a repeat customer is wanting "the same." If that was the only change I would still give it 3 stars, but the chef insisted he changed nothing in all the years he has been there. When the chef remade my dish he sent it back to the table exactly the same way it was when I returned it to the kitchen, except he cut it differently (as if I was too stupid to realize what he had done ). My family owned a restaurant for 25 years and on every Friday and Saturday night there was a waiting list to be seated. Yet, Due Rose always has emprty tables. Maybe this is why.

1 Thank DOustie
Richtown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty, Pretty, Pretty GOOD”
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I try to visit Restaurante Due Rose a couple of times a month. The menu has a wide range of Italian food, and I have tried almost everything. So far, no complaints. They have a very extensive wine list and a full bar. The service is excellent. They always have specials that aren't listed on the menu. My favorite special is the sea bass. Very tasty! If you get the chance to visit Restaurante Due Rose, don't pass it up!

1 Thank Soihi