“Bed Bugs -- don't stay here”

Days Inn Pinole Berkeley
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pinole
Reviewed August 16, 2011

There are bed bugs. We got bitten all over our bodies. Also, the floor and towels were filthy. I highly recommend looking for another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stacers_11
Bhupen12, General Manager at Days Inn Pinole Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Dear Guest,

Please contact us immediately about your claim. We have had no problems whatsoever with bed bugs at our hotel. We retain a professional pest control company to monitor and treat our property every month and also perform internal inspections daily.

We take this accusations very seriously and always make our guests comfort and safety our number one priority. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely yours,

------
----------

Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was passing through the town and was originally sleeping in my vehicle when I decided to stay a night. It has everything you'd expect and need. It's located by quite a few shopping centers, grocery stores and gas stations.

The cons would be the drug activity/traffic and the resulting commotion from first responders. Be sure to keep locked anything that uses locks. This place gets a lot of weirdos literally popping out of bushes and shadows at wee hours of the night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank DromosMania
Bhupen12, Manager at Days Inn Pinole Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Hi DromosMania,

We just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments. We try very hard to serve our guest and provide the best service possible. As noted, we are located in a commercial area, so we are particularly diligent with regard to safety and security. To date, we have the lowest Crime Record in town, and we're working hard to keep it that way.

Thanks again for your feedback. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Manager

Reviewed April 20, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay, we were in town for business and We were Walked in at the Last Moment. Got a 2 bedroom for the best price in the area, The rooms are quite neat and decent. Shopping Mall Close to the hotel. Would definitely stay at this hotel one again if need to return. I took some pictures and posted :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnMieras
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I was in Pinole for a conference that was being kept close by. My company booked my colleagues and I at the Days Inn in Pinole. Staff was very quick checking me into my room, and even got me an extra pillow. I got serviceable WIFI in my room, and was able to email with ease. There was continental breakfast in the morning that provided the basic toast/fruit/cereal/coffee/tea options.

To sum it up, the experience did not have any negative points. The staff was extremely responsive when I asked for pillows and a wake up call. Much better experience than the Motel 6 down the road.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank cupohotjoe
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I got exactly what I paid for. Great room. Comfortable beds. Good checkin. Fast check out. free wifi, continental breakfast and felt pretty safe. We were going to check out my boyfriends family here in El Sobrante. And it was a very good stay for a few days

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jenniferyoungjy
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Booked for 2 nights but after seeing the property decided to stay only one night...room was relatively clean however had a very strong odour from varnish... all the furniture had been covered in it. The view of the bay was virtually non existant, and after sightseeing for the day in San Fransisco we returned to have found our Lap Top had been stolen along with the bag and contents...
Be very Careful when checking in and leaving valuables in your room.
5 days later we are still waiting for Orbitz to credit our card and we found the customer service a little hard to deal with...
Hotwire will now be our online choice for booking,

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank christina47
Bhupen12, Manager at Days Inn Pinole Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered at our hotel in 2008. Be assured we addressed these issues immediately thereafter.

In addition, we recently completed a major renovation to our guestrooms at the hotel. PLEASE consider visiting us again so we may be able to earn your business. The upgrades look wonderful (crown molding, larger TV's, new wall coverings, etc.) and we'd love your feedback.

Thank you again for your consideration. If you need anything further, please feel free to contact us at anytime at 510-222-9400.

Sincerely yours,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 15, 2007

Pinole is a pretty decent little city, considering it borders the city of Richmond, aka the Murder Capital of Northern California. There are plenty of stores, restaurants and services for business or leisure travellers, and the proximity to both the Bay Area and the Napa Valley make it a good base of operations for tourists. This 70's-era motel has been fairly well-maintained, and with the addition of a few amenities like coffee makers, hair dryers, and refrigerators in the rooms, it is one or two steps above the most basic Motel 6-type accomodation. Although located on a busy street near a busy freeway, if you request a room at the back you should have no problem. The clientele last night was mostly construction workers and truck drivers. This is usually fine, since these guys go to bed and get up early. The only noise I heard was the clicking of the high heels of the working girls going up and down the stairs. In my own quarters I had a comfortable queen size bed, and with the fan I had a good nights sleep. The breakfast wasn't even worth the walk up to the office: weak coffee, cheap white bread for toast and a few cereals. If you need breakfast, head over to the Alley Cafe nearby--they do an incredible breakfast, with the largest pancakes known to man. And for dinner, be sure to try Uncle Chung's right next door. Some of the best Chinese food you'll ever have! I stayed at the Pinole Days Inn primarly because all the hotels in Oakland were booked, and this was the only cheap place I could find within a twenty-mile radius. I would stay here again if I got the same rate ($60), but I wouldn't pay more.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank heavybuddy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinole
Holiday Inn Express San Pablo
Holiday Inn Express Berkeley
Travelodge Berkeley
Travelodge Berkeley
#10 of 20 in Berkeley

Been to Days Inn Pinole Berkeley? Share your experiences!