“Falling of the bone tender ribs!!!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Pinedale
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

You can fill up on the rib tip appetizer alone. But, why stop there when there's so much to tasty tender juicy ribs to taste alone w/ 6 different sauce to try. Only draw back was the side of Mac & cheese. It was lacking that certain crunchy & bacon bite to it.

There are newer reviews for Famous Dave's

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am very partial to Dave's Brisket with all of the trimmings. The only criticism I have, seems to be the going thing for all restaurants these days; Why do I always have to ask for a drink refill??? All of the restaurants I've been to lately, have been very stingy with their drinks, and Dave's is no exception. At the very least, they should keep my glass full while I wait for my food. Eating out is not as affordable as it used to be, and believe me, I do understand why. But standard drinks like sodas, Iced tea and water cost the restaurants very little compared to the price you pay for a meal. That being said, the food has always been consistent, hot, and very good. A darn decent value.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great food. Great service. Expect it to be a bit noisy and if you go at popular hours you will wait...which is normal.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I visited many bbq establishments in my day but nothing beats the ribs, pulled meats, chicken or corn bread at Famous Dave's! Yummy, yummy to my tummy! We were a family of 10 and the folks there got to fixing up tables for all of us to sit. We had an enjoyable meal, chatting' reading all the funny wall coverings and eating to our hearts and tummy's content. I have been lucky enough to have tried Famous Dave's in Madison, WI and other cities as well, thank goodness you know what you're gonna get when you order, it's all good.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

One of the great things about my job is that I get to travel the world. When I'm out and about for either work or R&R I love to find great restaurants that combine great food with excellent service. So who would have guessed that I'd be writing about a great BBQ joint in Fresno (CA)?!

Whether you live in the Central Valley of (CA), or are just passing through for business or on your way to Yosemite and have a hankering for real BBQ do yourself a BIG favor and hit Famous Dave's BBQ located just off Hwy 41 in North Fresno at 7603 N. Blackstone Ave.G
Famous Dave's is a small chain but you would never know it by walking inside and sampling the food. It is totally "homestyle" and not at all "chain-like." When I arrived at 7 PM the place was jumping with a line out the door and the lobby packed. I opened the front doors and the smell of hickory smoked meats hit me like a sledge hammer. I was already drooling by time I reached the hostess. Since the wait for one was at least 30 mins. I asked if I could eat in the bar and was invited to try. As luck would have it I immediately found a small booth in the corner of the packed bar in front of several big screen TVs. SF Giants v. Houston was on. Oh, yeah, baby!

Within one minute My Man of the evening Isaac was at my table taking my drink order. I ordered a "Patriot's Beer" (Sam Adams). I swear Issac literally jogged over to the bar, poured me a cold one and had it back in less than one minute. Now THAT's what I'm talking about!
Isaac took my order: BBQ 2-meat combo of 1/4 BBQ chicken and 1/3 rack of St. Louis spare ribs.

I took off to wash up, got back to my booth and within 3 minutes server Danny was standing in front of me with a big grin on his face and a hearty "Chow's up, Boss!" What the "H"?! Now that's service on a totally different level, people.

OK, let's talk food. The combo came with 2 sides: BBQ baked beans and special fries with a nice cornbread muffin. The beans were very tasty with a great slow cooked BBQ sauce and nice bits of BBQ meats and peppers mixed in. The chicken was hot, succulant and cooked to perfection. The St. Louis ribs were amazing. The Famous Dave's special BBQ sauce is a must! It was pure BBQ "dope" food fans.

The ambience of the restaurant is a combination of old country, your grandpa's garage and a serious Man Cave. Knotty pine walls, license plates, hub caps, old tools and old time posters line the walls. Wooden tables, comfortable booths for 2 and 4 people and large family style tables make up the furniture. Sports fans will definitely want to eat in the bar during game times. Several large screen TVs line the walls above and to the sides of the bar. Several great beers on tap too.

If you read my column on restaurant reviews you know that I am a stickler on good service. If I had a medal to bestow for some of the best services I have EVER had in the states I would have given it out to Isaac and Danny. Your guys rock!

Famous Dave's will not put a whole in your wallet either. My great meal and a couple of tall beers came to about $25 with tip.

Speaking of tips, here's a couple: (1) The place is in the corner of a shopping center with ample parking; (2) Get there early because the word is definitely out on this place. It fills up early; (3) Come hungry because there is lots of food; (4) The 7600 block of N. Blackstone is way out on the North end of Fresno where there new shopping mall is. You take that exit; (5) Take home a bottle of the BBQ sauce!

Famous Dave's is my BBQ hangout from now on whenever I'm in Fresno. Give em' a try!

2  Thank DrRon1854

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!