“Enchanted April Inn & Spa”

and 1 more site!
Enchanted April Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Pilot Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband & I desperately needed a romantic get away but didn't want to travel too far from home. We were thrilled to find Elke's B & B so close to Roseville & enjoyed a relaxing weekend there with some very dear friends. Our favorite memories -- the beautiful Soothing Waters room (complete with jacuzzi tub for 2!), fabulous breakfasts served by our very congenial hostess, pleasant conversation & a day trip to Placerville. Our return plans include sending our daughter & son-in-law there for their first anniversary next Jan. & perhaps another visit ourselves next spring. Hopefully the Soothing Waters room will be available again!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the Soothing Waters room if available!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Enchanted April Inn

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Who knew such a beautiful, relaxing bed and breakfast was just up the hill from Sacramento. No need to travel very far to feel like we really have gotten away! My husband and I drove up one afternoon, had dinner near by, stopped at 2 wineries and came back for a jacuzzi and bubble bath! In the morning we were treated to the most amazing breakfast we have had in years. On fine china surrounded by "real" antiques! The linens were so soft and Elke, the Proprietress had thought of every decandant touch. Complete with bath salts, chocolates, special water, lovely cookies, even wonderful classic movies to pick from in the sitting room.

To top it off, there are gorgeous horses grazing in the pasture outside of our window. Next time we will bring our horses with us and enjoy the miles of trails near by! Gone only 24 hours and if felt like a real vacation!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wendyphoenix
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I took a 3 day mini getaway from Sacramento up to the foothills. We stayed at this wonderful B&B that we can't say enough about. Elke is the quintessential innkeeper! Very accommodating but not in your face. The place is gorgeous now and will be unbelievable in summer when trees are leafed out and it is BBQ season. From the scrumptious breakfasts to afternoon tea by the fireplace, we found it all very charming and lovely. It is a romantic setting with lots to see for the nature lovers - dozens of bird species, horses, and llamas on the adjacent properties. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deb M
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I recently enjoyed a weekend at the Enchanted April Inn and were very pleased with our stay. The property is a beautiful ranch house with horses close to Sacramento (and close to Tahoe skiing), but is far enough away from any city to give the feel of really being in the country. Living in the bay area, I had forgotten how magnificent the stars appear on a cold, clear night. The room was comfortable and the lady who runs the place, Elke, was very pleasant and accommodating. We woke up each morning to a tasty and ornate breakfast and found cookies hanging on our door when we would return in the evening. Inadvertently, we discovered the area around the inn to be very good for bird watching. We highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a peaceful retreat.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Enchanted April Inn is one of the most relaxing places I've ever been. It is an absolutely gorgeous property. the views are beautiful and it is truly peaceful. The owner takes great care of everyone. We had outdoor massages, enjoyed local wine, and absolutely LOVED the breakfast that was prepared. I bought my mom and dad a gift certificate for a future stay because I knew how much they would enjoy it. And now I hear there is a hot tub and sauna! I can't wait to make my next visit! I HIGHLY recommend the Inn!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Enchanted April B&B is my favorite Fall getaway spot of all time. Apple Hill with all of the extraordinary Apple Harvest festivities is just a short drive away. And for a California history buff like me, I love that it's just up the road from the City of Coloma and Sutter's Mill where John Marshall first discovered gold in 1848. And the excitement doesn't stop there, there are all sorts of quaint 1800 era gold rush towns nearby to explore, with lots of shops, restaurants with other cultural activities. At the end of the day, it's nothing short of magical to return to Enchanted April B&B to read a good book by the fire, with a glass of local wine. It's fun to chat with other guests and compare the day's adventures. After an evening swim in the heated pool, a comfy bed awaits to cradle you into the happiest dreams imaginable. Total bliss... Can't wait to go for my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I was blessed with a special visit to Enchanted April Inn last week as part of an Afternoon Tea. My mother purchased this "event" at a local swim team fund raiser. Elke (the proprietress) donated 6 of these special certificates to the silent auction for the swim team. She is very involved in the community and is always willing to go the extra mile to raise funds for things that she see have value. We had such a wonderful time. The setting is beautiful, the home, the grounds... spectacular. The food that Elke prepared was amazing. She called it a light snack, but we were all so full when we left. The variety of wonderful finger sandwiches, scones, cookies and of course the tea was wonderful. This was not my first visit to the Inn, and it won't be my last. What a wonderful place!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have the most amazing sheets.... Rumor has it they are $1000. a set. Pure heaven...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Historic Cary House Hotel
#2 of 5 in Placerville
Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Best Western Golden Key
Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.

Been to Enchanted April Inn? Share your experiences!