“Peaceful Escape”

Ranked #1 of 1 Pilot Hill B&B and Inns
Palo Alto, California
“Peaceful Escape”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I recently enjoyed a weekend at the Enchanted April Inn and were very pleased with our stay. The property is a beautiful ranch house with horses close to Sacramento (and close to Tahoe skiing), but is far enough away from any city to give the feel of really being in the country. Living in the bay area, I had forgotten how magnificent the stars appear on a cold, clear night. The room was comfortable and the lady who runs the place, Elke, was very pleasant and accommodating. We woke up each morning to a tasty and ornate breakfast and found cookies hanging on our door when we would return in the evening. Inadvertently, we discovered the area around the inn to be very good for bird watching. We highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a peaceful retreat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Enchanted April Inn is one of the most relaxing places I've ever been. It is an absolutely gorgeous property. the views are beautiful and it is truly peaceful. The owner takes great care of everyone. We had outdoor massages, enjoyed local wine, and absolutely LOVED the breakfast that was prepared. I bought my mom and dad a gift certificate for a future stay because I knew how much they would enjoy it. And now I hear there is a hot tub and sauna! I can't wait to make my next visit! I HIGHLY recommend the Inn!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Enchanted April B&B is my favorite Fall getaway spot of all time. Apple Hill with all of the extraordinary Apple Harvest festivities is just a short drive away. And for a California history buff like me, I love that it's just up the road from the City of Coloma and Sutter's Mill where John Marshall first discovered gold in 1848. And the excitement doesn't stop there, there are all sorts of quaint 1800 era gold rush towns nearby to explore, with lots of shops, restaurants with other cultural activities. At the end of the day, it's nothing short of magical to return to Enchanted April B&B to read a good book by the fire, with a glass of local wine. It's fun to chat with other guests and compare the day's adventures. After an evening swim in the heated pool, a comfy bed awaits to cradle you into the happiest dreams imaginable. Total bliss... Can't wait to go for my next visit!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Cool, California
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I was blessed with a special visit to Enchanted April Inn last week as part of an Afternoon Tea. My mother purchased this "event" at a local swim team fund raiser. Elke (the proprietress) donated 6 of these special certificates to the silent auction for the swim team. She is very involved in the community and is always willing to go the extra mile to raise funds for things that she see have value. We had such a wonderful time. The setting is beautiful, the home, the grounds... spectacular. The food that Elke prepared was amazing. She called it a light snack, but we were all so full when we left. The variety of wonderful finger sandwiches, scones, cookies and of course the tea was wonderful. This was not my first visit to the Inn, and it won't be my last. What a wonderful place!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have the most amazing sheets.... Rumor has it they are $1000. a set. Pure heaven...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
Reviewed January 16, 2012

When I travel on business, I avoid chain hotels in all but the largest cities. Needing to pay customer visits to locations in Placer County and El Dorado County, Pilot Hill seemed like an ideal location. Enchanted April measures up to the very best in California B & Bs I know, This is no overpriced, overstuffed fluff house (we name no names). Nor is it a down at the heels property waiting to collapse. It's modern, comfortable, and affordable. Tips. On your first visit, don't arrive after sundown. Salmon Falls Road is a long ways from either II80 or I50. It is a (paved) COUNTRY road, and in the dark you can easily miss the entrance sign. Do plan to visit some Gold Country Wineries

Room Tip: Talk to Eke (the prprietress). She'll match you to a room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank C2000Consulting
Point Richmond, California
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Looking for a relaxing place to get away? This is it... Beautiful property, cozy rooms and an amazing breakfast! Sitting outside by the reflecting pool at sunset, the fire blazing... fantastic way to end the day. Visit the local wineries and enjoy all that there is to offer in Gold Country. If you are looking for highlights to check out, just ask Elke (the owner)... she seems to know so many great spots that should not be missed!

Room Tip: I loved my room, Grasslands... wake up to a view of a beautiful grassy hillside!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

A beautiful location, elegant and comfortable rooms, delicious food, and a host who makes you feel really welcome.

I will recommend the Inn to anyone looking to spend time in Gold Country or just get away for a relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: Bed was very comfortable - not all rooms have their own bath.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Placerville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Cameron Park

Been to Enchanted April Inn? Share your experiences!