“Surprising gem”

43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Surprising gem”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My fiancée and I saw this on our way up the coast and so on the way back we needed a place to stop and stretch the legs and decided to check this place out. I was greatly surprised. There are a few things you can do outside of the main attraction, like a shoe house, the tallest (from a dead tree) Totem pole etc... The train was closed but the house was open. While it did cost money to go into the house it was interesting. Wouldn't say I would do it every time but to have done it once. It is very neat! Good fun.

Visited February 2014

California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Good Family Kitschy Fun”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I remember coming here as a kid!!!!!!
I love this place. My kids love this place.

TOO MUCH $$$$ For TO LITTLE

Yes, tourist trap is the word.

Visited August 2013
Kingman, Arizona
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Historical Fun”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I think pretty much everything here is on the Historical Records or World Famous. ;-) The drive through the Redwoods is beautiful....stopping here makes it exciting for the younger ones.

Since 1949 people have been coming here to be Wowed and Amazed at what's offered. The Gravity House, Tallest Free-Standing Redwood Carving....and a Miniature train ride thrown in as well. It's "touristy", yes......but that's part of the Road-Trip fun.

Fees: Gravity House - Adult $5.00, Children 4 - 12yrs. $4.00 and 3 & Under Free. Train Ride - Adult $8.50, Children 4 - 12yrs. $6.50 and 3 & under Free. They have concession foods, that [at the time] did not look appealing.

{{I can remember stopping here years ago....the kids had a lot of fun}}

Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good fun”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place is kooky and fun. Worth it for the laughs. We didn't go for the train ride as it was closed for the season, but the Gravity House is, as promised, confusing.

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What is gravitation? Nobody knows.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Having visited the awful Trees of Mystery tourist trap up the coast I wasn't looking forward to this visit at all, but the friends I was travelling with insisted on it. One friend had been talking about visiting this attraction, where balls roll up hills and the laws of gravity seem strangely not to apply, since the beginning of our USA road trip, stating that this place was one of only two in the world (the other being in Ireland) where an anomaly in the Earth's magnetic field meant that gravity did not apply as normal.

Having handed over our $5 each to the friendly lady at the desk, who further built up the mystery of what we were about to behold, we entered Confusion Hill. Various gravity and perspective-defying interactive displays were set out, which genuinely puzzled and confused, but mainly amused. The highlight was the disorientating crooked house, where balls roll up hill and people walk on walls.

I won't say too much in case I ruin the fun, but if you fancy a frivolous few minutes and a good laugh, drop in on this charming attraction.

Visited September 2013