“Great Seafood”
Review of Dal Rae

Dal Rae
Reserve with OpenTable
Dal Rae is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Pico Rivera
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rosemead Blvd.
Whittier, California
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant is really known for their steaks but my very favorite dish is the seabass. They prepare it with sweet onions and a light sauce. I always look forward to having this dish with one of their amazing salads and a martini.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Angie M

Norman, Oklahoma
“Elegant, varied menu, 50's charm, courteous staff, owner involved”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Business dinner at one of our favorite spots to take clients when we are in SoCal, particularly if your client has a large appetite or likes a wide variety of entrees. One of the few restaurants that has abalone, still has table side preparation of the steak Diane, cherries jubilee, etc. Very warm feeling and a great bar with a wide selection of spirits.
We have never been disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Joel A
California
“Great Food, Really Kind People”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friend and I were coming here for dinner, but had an auto accident in the driveway on our way to eat. First I'll give you the food review, and then talk about that. He had onion soup which he's had before and likes, I started with the goat cheese salad, which was very flavorful with fresh greens, a good dressing and two patties of goat cheese rolled in almonds. Ate half, took balance home to eat the next day when it still tasted fresh. The relish tray was nice. The bread assortment, which they get in from a bakery, was burned, so we suggested they crack down on their bakery. No biggie. We both had the filet of petrale sole, which my friend knew they always have tho it's not always printed on the menu. This fish is hard to find in So. Cal, so we had that, His with a tomato preparation, mine with lemon butter and capers. Asparagus was the side dish. Everything cooked properly and served hot. We split a nice chocolate dessert, and I had a glass of wine which was fine. No heavy drinking - we had to get a damaged car home. Service was very very good.

Word has passed among the staff that guest had had an auto crash on their way in, and everyone was very kind. The waitress - at my request - produced a very well made ice bag so I could ice my knee which was sore from being on the brake pedal for the collision. It never leaked, and I think it really helped reduce swelling. The receptionist loaned us a roll of duct tape, so when we had finished, we could tape the plastic fender parts in place so we could drive home, another 8 miles. We were grateful to not have to try and find a box store for this after we left. Only the valet guys were like, lady, don't block any part of my 3 valet lanes while you exchange insurance info. So like, none of these people had to care, but they did and it was very nice of them. I would certainly return for the food and service, but approach from a different direction!

They do have a really large bar which is suitable for eating in.

• Visited February 2013
Long Beach, California
“Excellent but expensive”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Step back into the 50s except for the prices. Old world charm, great service, excellent food. Sit down to a relish tray( great pickles) We had the shashimi salad ($25) followed by the Chilean sea bass( Possibly the biggest AND best piece of fish I've ever seen) and the house pepper steak. Both were great. Free cheese bread was good as was the flowerless chocolate cake.

Only downside- dinner was $155 with one glass of wine.

The service was excellent. My iced tea was never empty and the waitress patiently gave my date tastes of 2 different merlots before suggesting a pinot which she liked.

If you are willing to pay for excellence this is your place

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank murph24
southern cal
“Valentines day”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Contrary to other reviews, our table was ready upon arrivals and our service (rose) was excellent.

My wife asked for the Diamond Brady prime rib cut that was not on Valentine menu . Very accommodating along wit the wedge salad.

We have preferred Clearmsns in the past but they have turned their lobby into a cheesy, loud bar along with expensive prices! Del Rae has moved ahead without changing anything.