“Best Mexican Food In A Very Long Time”
Review of Libby's Restaurant - CLOSED

Libby's Restaurant
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We live in Phoenix and eat good, authentic Mexican food regularly and Libby's has some of the BEST I have had. Be sure to try the Carnitas and I loved the green salsa. Yum.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Not that there are all that many choices for lunch, but we loved Libby's. In from out of town for a couple days in the valley, we stopped in for lunch one day. We were treated with good hospitality by Libby herself, since the place was almost empty it would have been disappointing if we didn't get good service.

Food was very good, authentic mexican with a little heat... hit the spot on a cooler day in January.

We loved the Anderson Valley and hope to return, if we do Libby's will be on the itinerary

We visited on the first day it had re-opened after her vacation, we were told that a few establishments are not always open in the off season so make sure you call first if you are coming just to eat.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

I'm a lightweight when it comes to heat, I admit it, and so is my wife but just a little less so. But I very much enjoy Mexican food and rarely have a problem with it being too spicy. But Libby's was. I had a carnitas burrito which was large and very tasty, but just a little too hot for me. Not way to hot, I'm not suggesting it was 4 alarm fire, break out the fire extinguishers hot, but it was too hot by my standards. My wife had a carnitas Tostada and it apparently had lots of salsa mixed in and was hotter than mine. Again, lots of meat, a good portion, tasty, just too much heat.

Libby was there working her you know what off, the place was packed, everyone seemed to know her and I really wanted to like everything. It wasn't painful, just uncomfortable. I about froze when I left due to a wet head from perspiring from the hot sauce! If you don't mind things on the hot side, stop on by if you're in the area, you won't be sorry. But if you're a lightweight like me, you might want to pass. I doubt I'll be back and I'm relatively close.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

OMG the best Mexican food ever! In a cafeteria like setting and WARNING..they close their doors when they run out of food...so get there early. Awesome, yummy....delicious!
www.travelbyfork.com

Reviewed July 10, 2010

If we come to the Anderson Valley again, we'd definitely make sure we had lunch or dinner at Libby's Restaurant. Great authentic Mexican dishes in a no frills just great food atmosphere. The pork carnitas and nachos were the best we've ever tasted. Just wish we had Libby in our neighborhood.