“Never Been Treated This Way”

BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Phelan
GreenLeadersBronze level
Yucaipa, California
“Never Been Treated This Way”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was calling the hotel to confirm our reservation and let them know we were going to be a little late. The gentleman that answered looked up the information and immediately put me on hold when he saw that I booked through Hotwire. Rick, the manager came on the phone and started telling me that he can't change the reservation and I need to call Hotwire. I was confused and asked him what the problem was and he said all he had was a king smoking room. He said that is what Hotwire automatically books when you book through them and there is no changing it. I asked him if there was any non-smoking rooms available and he kept yelling at me telling me to calm down and told me that I needed to call Hotwire. I assured Rick that I have booked through Hotwire many times and hotels were always very accommodating and I was not sure why he was not able to change me to a non-smoking room. He ended up hanging up on me. When I called back to find out what was going on, a woman named Pat answered and started yelling at me as well. She said that they could not change my room to a non-smoking unless I called and paid more through Hotwire. I have asthma and I shared that with her and said, "Are you saying you have no non-smoking rooms available unless I call Hotwire and pay more?" She said, "You can call whoever you want?" I was really frustrated to be treated like a criminal because I booked through Hotwire. Maybe, if you book through them directly they will treat you nicely. I know it is still their choice to allow a third party to book their rooms and I do not appreciate being treated like I was because I did so. I called Hotwire and Hotwire called the hotel and they offered me a full refund. That is why I am rating them a poor instead of a terrible. As you can see by my many reviews on this site, I travel and stay in hotels all of the time, and have never been treated so rudely. I just want to warn you before you make the same mistake. Luckily, we were able to travel home safely that same night. I can't imagine what I would have done if we were stranded with no safe and healthy place to be. Not really sure how they get away with treating their customers this way.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vecchio7
Rick M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Janelle Vecchio,

Once again, from the entire team here at the Best Western Cajon Pass, we apologize about your experience and hope that you will try us again in the future. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience that we can offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Ok, the winds are gusting to 50 mph, there are construction crews and heavy equipment surrounding the motel, trains are coming and going every 10 minutes on the opposite hill and you've got to go around the back of the 76 gas station to find the entrance; doesn't sound like a good night to be had - and wait! the key card machine is broken so the staff have to come and open the door every time you step out...

Well the room was so quiet I had to open the door several times to reassure myself that I hadn't stepped into the twilight zone. The mattress was extremely comfortable and the hot water was never ending. And to top it off the flat screen tv had a beautiful picture and all the choices that direct tv affords. What a surprise and the staff certainly went out of their way to make it comfortable.

For a brief stay, what's not to like?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve L
Rick M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Steve,
Our entire staff strongly take your comments into consideration which offers tremendous value to the hotel and helps our staff achieve the goal of providing the most wonderful and memorable experience. Even with the construction in the area, we are truly trying to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible.
Our goal is to provide the best experience possible for the guest and thank you for mentioning our 42 inch LCD TV’s including 150 HD channels that our hotel provides for the guests.
El Segundo, California
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located, clean, refrigerator, microwave, pool and hot tub, and most of all I love the friendly staff. I believe that the value of the hotel experience is well worth the price. Nice work Best Western!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Rick M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Kristina,
The front desk staff members are indeed very courteous and accommodating. They are assertive in making sure that our guests have a pleasant experience.
Our rooms are extremely well taken care of by our tremendous housekeepers and their focus is to provide a clean and comfortable room as you have mentioned.
Lancaster, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2014

You won't get the room you paid for! Purchased room online at Best Western's website. Reserved and paid for a deluxe room. Staff changed my room from deluxe to standard and told me the room are the same. Urinate on me and tell me it is raining.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rick M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Once again, from the entire team here at the Best Western Cajon Pass, we apologize about your experience.
Oceanside, California
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff at this hotel is extremely courteous and friendly. Our room was also very clean and comfortable. I've stayed here a few times and it has always been pleasent. You absolutely can't beat it, especially for the price!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Rick M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Gretchen,
Again thank you, I hope that we can serve you in the future.
Milton Keynes, Uk
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I survived the journey from LAX and chose this as the most suitable first night out of Los Angeles.
Because I am a rail fan I also stayed for another 2 nights at the end of the trip.
Check in staff were friendly and the room very comfortable. Wifi reception not bad.
It is sandwiched between the busy railway and I-15 so ear plugs are possibly recommended. Certainly I had three good nights sleep and didn't hear any other guests.
The breakfast was good with good variety.
Overall, excellent value for money

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Rick M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Chris,
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This Best Western's service is outstanding. This was by far the best service I have ever experienced during my travels. They were very friendly and helped with my special requests. I recommend this hotel to those traveling in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brent, Thank you for taking the time to provide helpful feedback in regards to your experience at our hotel. Our entire staff strongly take your comments into consideration which offers tremendous value to the hotel and helps our staff achieve the goal of providing the most wonderful and memorable experience. It is always a pleasure to know that we have provided the best service possible, we hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phelan
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
#1 of 19 in Victorville
SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia

Been to BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass? Share your experiences!