“Clean, good value”

Best Western Cajon Pass
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Phelan
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here on night during the Amgen Tour of California bike race in 2013. Was pleasantly surprised. Clean, well-maintained room. Room faced away from freeway so traffic noise was not an issue at all. Plus the included breakfast, free WIFI, and friendly, helpful staff made me quite happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Rick M, General Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Our entire staff strongly take your comments into consideration which offers tremendous value to the hotel and helps our staff achieve the goal of providing the most wonderful and memorable experience. I hope to see you return next year for your bike tour.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

If I weren't in such a rush, I'd stop to complain...

- $20 higher than the online rate if you call it in. I kept getting errors when I tried to book online, so I gave up and called it in. Mentioned I was trying to book at the $53 AAA rate. They said ok. My room was $71 for the night... "Oh, the online rate is usually less. If you call us we charge at a higher rate..."

- TV remotes batteries are dead. I dialed '0' from my room and got a busy signal.

- I turned on the TV manually, and it seems like I only have local channels. Most cable stations are nothing but snow. I think I got the Discovery channel, but the TV said it was HBO?

- If you're a parent, you know about the plastic liners you put on toddler beds to make sure accidents don't leak though to the mattress... It feels like one of those is on the bed, and it crinkles every time you move.

- I travel a LOT (2-3 nights a week) so I carry around a blacklight. YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT I FOUND WHEN I BLACKLIGHTED MY ROOM. Marks on the bathroom walls, on the chairs on the nightstand, ON THE ALARM CLOCK?!? At least the sheets & pillows passed...

I could go on, but you get the hint.

If you're going North, keep driving until you get to the Victorville hotels. If you're going South, stop in San Bernardino or Rancho Cucamonga. This place is a trap: They surprise you with a higher rate and the room is a dump. But when you pull in just before midnight and are too tired to search for a new hotel, you'll be stuck like I was.

Keep driving, good traveler... you're no more than 20 minutes from a better hotel.

Room Tip: You're close to the freeway and the walls are thin... ask the front desk for earplugs (you'l...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brandon P
Erik L, Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff, we sincerely apologize if you have encountered any inconvenience during your stay with our hotel. Our staff strives to provide the best and most memorable experience to all of our guests. Our goal is to make sure our guests receive value and continually come back and a have an established, memorable experience in mind. We will continue to make sure that our staff understands that our guests come first and we must attend to all guests' requests and needs. Once again, we sincerely apologize if your standards were not met. We value your feedback and will make sure to continue to work hard and surpass all of our guests' expectations.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for skiing at Mountain High with my family. The rooms are nice and clean.
It is a bit noisy because of the highway and railroad, but nothing annoying.

The manger, Rick, was excellent! He helped us to find snow pants for our 4 year old kid and also hold a package that arrived latter on.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Erik L, Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for providing such wonderful comments in regards to our staff members and the property. The hotel is indeed near great attractions and our staff is knowledgeable about the surrounding areas and they are always looking to accommodate all guests. Thank you for mentioning a staff member who provided you a terrific and memorable experience. We are confident in our entire staff and we will continue to work hard for all of our guests. In addition, our housekeeping and maintenance department work together to provide clean and comfortable rooms and each department sincerely appreciate your kind comments. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered that night. Please give us another opportunity to provide another memorable experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The rooms here are spacious and the beds were super comfy and clean. The refrigerator is a good size and it includes a separate freezer. I read on 1 side that this hotel was 11 miles from Mountain High ski resort, it is really more like 16 to 20 miles however it is on open road that you are doing 60 miles an hour on so it really is pretty close. The continental breakfast was good, it had eggs, sausage and waffles along with the normal continental breakfast fare. I found the staff extremely friendly and really pleasant to check in with. One thing I would say is when you check in ask if you are either downstairs or are close to the staircase that goes up stairs. I stayed in room 204 and had to park at the end of the building and go up those stairs and then across almost to the other side to get to my room. That is the only complaint I had about this hotel, the access to upstairs. When I book next time I will definitely ask for a room downstairs. And I will be booking this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WendyMomOfThree
Erik L, Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete this wonderful review. We strive to give each guest a memorable experience. Our staff is indeed very attentive to our guests and certainly knowledgeable about the surrounding areas. I am most certain that they can answer many questions about Mountain High and many of the nearby attractions. Management has carefully created a wonderful staff that understands our guests come first. Our housekeeping department continue to work hard and make the rooms clean and thank you for recognizing their hard work. We will continue to provide a wonderful breakfast selection and our staff is always looking for the right combination of breakfast food to provide to our guests. We understand that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we want our guests to have an enjoyable meal in our hotel. We are aware of the staircase and we certainly accommodate the guests who request to stay on the first floor. Once again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope to see you again very shortly.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Tried to get room first she tells me yes there is rooms and when I present my bestwestern giftcard she replies in a sacarstic tone. Oh I am sorry I just rented the last 2 rooms? So I when outside called the 1800 bestwestern # to find out if they had rooms available they said yes. So I filed a complaint with bestwestern. I being stayimg on the bestwestern hotels for many years in az and ca but so far this was my worst experience.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank rbvboogie
Erik L, Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

We sincerely apologize for this experience that you had. We greatly appreciate all Best Western members and we understand that all cardholders should be treated with professional and welcoming attitude. We continue to work hard to make sure that our staff works hard to providing a wonderful and memorable experience at our property. We hope that you give us another chance and I can assure you that it will be a wonderful experience.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were at Mt. High Ski Resort and planned on spending the night at this hotel after a day in the snow. My wife was injured in an accident (she hit a tree) while at Mt. High. We could not get reception to call the hotel immediately but as soon as we could we called the hotel and explained we were on our way to the ER and would not be able to make our reservation. We asked if we could reschedule the reservation or cancel under standing there may be a fee. She told us we would be charged full price and she would do nothing to help us.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank grmpyjelo

We certainly feel terrible about your wife's accident and we completely understand the unfortunate situation that has occurred. Please contact the property to explain the situation and the property manager will send a report to the corporate office and the corporate office will review the following incident. Once again, we do apologize for this particular unfortunate accident.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Erik L, Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phelan
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Motel 6 Hesperia
Motel 6 Hesperia
#7 of 9 in Hesperia
Best Western Plus InnSuites Ontario Airport E Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Cajon Pass? Share your experiences!