“Very Nice!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phelan, California
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've stayed here when working a lot of overtime down in valley. It's more econimical than wear & tear on vehicle, and cheaper on gas, rather than driving 120 mi/day! I've always had clean rooms and the staff is excellent. It's NOT a resort, but is well worth the price/convenience. The trains/nor freeway noise bother me at all and I'm a day sleeper, due to work schedule. The staff will catch me coming and going and ask if I need ANYTHING, or if I ask, they're more than happy to accomodate any needs.

Room Tip: Call ahead! This location is normally quiet during week, but used by many contractors on railroad/fr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Erik L, Manager at Best Western Cajon Pass, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate the compliments that you have given the staff members. The staff members are aggressive in making sure that our guests enjoy their stay and we see ourselves as a support system if the guest ever needs anything. They are accommodating and knowledgeable about the surrounding area and the attractions nearby. We look forward to seeing you again shortly.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sierra Foothills
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was a very nice place, comfy bed, clean room, excellent staff, and very reasonable rates. Only complaint is signage - we came in from Hwy 138 and had a hard time finding the right driveway. Go in thru the Circle K driveway and head towards the back side of that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PamNGreg
Thank you for sharing your terrific experience with us. We work very hard to make the establishment a wonderful place to stay and when we hear words like comfy, clean, and excellent, we know that we are headed in the right direction. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for providing us with this feedback and we want to continue to make sure that our quality reminds high and our guests continue to come back. I apologize for the difficulty in finding the correct driveway. We are in the midst of making the driveway more noticeable and easy for our guests to locate. We have a large Best Western sign mounted high in the air, and we will continue to find various ways to capture the guest’s attention. We hope to see you again shortly. Please stop by again soon.

Branscomb, California
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Our first room was not cleaned well at all. The carpet was was littered with debris. I guess the housekeeper doesn't want to pack her vacuum cleaner up to the second floor. I requested a new room & was promptly assigned a new room. The second room was cleaner but still had issues. The carpet still did not look like it was vacuumed lately. After getting unpacked & situated I happened to walk by the refrigerator & stepped onto soaking wet carpet! I opened the freezer door to find it full of water! It looks like it was defrosted & allowed to just drain onto the carpet. At this point I wasn't gonna request a third room. Good thing I didn't need to use the fridge seeing as it was still flooded with water. Luckily this was just an overnite visit as I would not want to stay here ever again. One more thing.......the bathroom faucet barley flowed water with most of it leaking out of the handle onto the vanity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bombero-redbridge
Thank you for completing this survey and your feedback provides great insight into how we can be the best hotel possible. I sincerely apologize if your expectations were not met and I can assure you that I will address this with the entire staff. We make sure that all of our housekeepers clean each room thoroughly and they have a checklist that they must fill out before they can proceed to the next room. We are currently completing our routine quarterly deep cleaning, where we will shampoo all the carpets, wipe/wash the walls, deep clean the bathrooms, steam clean the curtains, and really make sure that each room is stellar. In addition, we have a full-time maintenance employee who is adamant on fixing all damaged products on our property. Any damages are reported to the maintenance department, and they are determined to fix it immediately. Sometimes, a guest would damage something in the room and it wasn't reported to the front desk. However, we complete inspections to all the rooms and make sure that everything is working properly. We do not overlook any aspect of the guest’s stay with us and we hope that you can give us another chance to provide you a wonderful experience.

Sandy, Utah
Reviewed June 28, 2012

On I-15 between San Bernadino and Victorville is the turnoff to Wrightwood and Palmdale. It' route 138. At the exit sharing the interchange with 3 gas stations, a Del Taco, a Subway, and a McDonalds is this Best Western. The closest restaurant is 15 minutes away either in Wrightwood, Phelan, or towards Victorville. If you find railroad trains comforting and the freeway something you can ignore, this is a great hotel. The rooms are well maintained. The internet worked great. The room was clean. The bed was comfy. It's not a destination, but a great layover. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If noise is an issue, ask for a room away from I-15.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate your encouraging comments and we will continue to work towards improving all aspects of your stay. The location is quite unique and there are many different attractions nearby that many of our guests enjoy. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property and hope that you stay with us again. I am confident we will provide another memorable experience.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The staff was so nice and the view was beautiful. You can't beat this place, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank janet j
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We are glad that you had an amazing trip and enjoyed your stay at our property. The compliments that you have given the staff are quite insightful and it lets management know that we doing our best to provide guests a memorable experience. They are always ready to share any knowledge that guest might have. We would like to have you come again shortly.

San Diego, California
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Historic US 66 is nearby if you want to take that drive. We stayed overnite to visit Wrightwood where you can have a peaceful day in town. The motel has all that you need, clean room , breakfast, helpful staff. Freight trains that keep rolling though day & night. The pool area was in great condition.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WoHop132
This motel is in a great location near the Historic US 66 and we do have helpful staff members looking to provide any knowledge they have about the surrounding attractions. Thank you for giving us the chance to be part of your trip visiting Wrightwood. By letting us know that our rooms are clean, many breakfast selections, and a great staff, we will continue to build on these attributes and provide great value to all of our guests. I hope you can give us another chance to provide a wonderful experience and I am confident we can achieve that goal.

Mangement.
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stayed here overnight to go skiing at Mountain High. This hotel was so much nicer than we imagined. Trust my review because even though we knew this wasn't a 5-star luxury hotel, we've stayed at some of the best places (Four Seasons Los Angeles, Four Seasons Bora Bora, the W in NYC) and know what we're talking about. Having said that, our room (ground floor, room 119, even parked our car 3 feet from the door to our room) was super clean with fresh linens and 4 fluffy pillows. The beds were perfect--really. Adequate lighting in the room and even though people have written about the highway noise, we barely noticed it. Just bring a sound machine or find an app on your phone if you think it's going to affect your night's sleep. Sink space was perfect, and to our surprise, the bathroom was not only fine but SUPER CLEAN. The shower was great and there's even a wall-mounted soap dispenser with soap, shampoo and conditioner. Because we didn't know what to expect, we brought with us a variety of things that we thought we'd need (soap, shampoo, Windex wipes) and we ended up using NONE because the room had everything and it was clean. There's a frig and microwave. Didn't use the micro and the frig worked perfectly. Not a huge fan of walking around barefoot on dirty hotel carpet, but the room was so clean, this was NOT an issue. Even my kid asked me why I wasn't wearing flip-flops, and I said, "this place is really clean. Don't worry about it." Now I know it sounds like I have an OCD about cleanliness, but that's not the case. I just don't like sleeping or using stuff that's not been cleaned, and this place satisfied me completely. TV had plenty of choices and we had what appeared to be a new remote. Had the breakfast the day we checked out and it exceeded our expectations. From other reviews, it didn't sound too good and we were prepared to go to the nearby McDonalds. Take it from someone who's eaten $30 breakfasts at the Four Seasons--this was totally fine and filled us up for a morning of skiing. There's instant oatmeal, three kinds of cold cereal, bread and bagels, and a few other items. We missed the eggs and hot selections because we got there late, but we didn't even miss it. Check out and in was super fast. Desk personnel were friendly and nice. When we left, I told the front desk person that I was going to write a really good review because we were really pleased. Overall, this place was--as I wrote in the title of my review--way better than we imagined.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank miketheman33
Your wonderful comments lets us know that we are on the right path to providing a great experience to all of our guests. We have worked very hard to make your stay with us a memorable and enjoyable experience. We are glad that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and we will continue to find ways to improve. The amenities and breakfast selections that you have highlighted are terrific and we continue to look for ways to upgrade, but the compliments that you have given our staff members is terrific. They are indeed very courteous and accommodating. Please make sure to visit us again sometime soon in the near future.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phelan
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
SpringHill Suites Victorville Hesperia
Comfort Inn I-15
Comfort Inn I-15
#3 of 7 in Fontana

Been to Best Western Cajon Pass? Share your experiences!