“perfect lunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well situated off the main road, The Water Street Bistro is worth the stop. It is open for breakfast and lunch as well as Friday night in the summer. The food was made of fresh seasonal ingredients and everything we had was delicious. You can seat outside and have a view on the river.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

To elaborate on previous reviews, we enjoyed what we ordered more than our first impressions led us to believe. The crab chowder was alright but it was hard to steal the show from the tasty bread it came with!
We had the pork loin and brie sandwich (absolutely tender and juicy, paired with yummy mustard), the smoked duck salad (pitted cherries and roasted macademias rounded it off) and a spinach and feta quiche that was as light as a souffle. I would order all of them again. The portions left us full enough, but not satisfied. Perhaps the intention was to leave room for dessert! The gelato was hit and miss. The lavender was a bowl of slush. To their credit, they warned us about it. But it was on the verge of I-wouldn't-serve-that-if-I-were-you! We added it to our iced chai and that was a great pairing! Even with the right consistency, the sweetness overpowered the lavender. The saffron and rose on the other hand, had a lovely delicate aroma and the pistachio was well laden with nuts. Next time I'm trying their coconut/macademia to remind me of Hawaii!
Thanks to TA reviews, I knew to seat myself, order at the counter and they'd come to serve me. They were busy, but quick to help (extra forks, where's the restroom, any highchairs etc). With a double stroller in tow, I still felt welcomed by them. Excellent place to have quality sandwiches and a light lunch. For $7.50-8.50 per item with a small salad on the side, you can't go wrong!

1  Thank FriesAndFoieGras
Reviewed May 17, 2013

All fresh food made to order. A local gem. Friendly service and very good food. Specialty sandwiches and quiche.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Was in the search for a salad and some outdoor seating. Used tripadvisor and found this cool spot. Was exactly what I was looking for. Great salads, sandwiches, and soups. They had an extensive daily special list and the breakfast menu looked very promising.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Oh my gosh. This place is the best. I had the best Pastrami Sandwich I have ever had. And the Crab Chowder was a first for me. I have never had a Crab Chowder, and it was certainly the best Chowder I have ever eaten. A wonderful place, I will be back!