“nice place”

Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Right near highway but didn't notice the noise in the room. Did notice a very farm type aroma throughout Petaluma. Had the windows closed in car so didn't notice til we got out of car, could not notice it in the room either. great front desk staff, room was clean and each individual building, which had maybe 8 rooms up 8 rooms down, had a security lock that opened with your room card, liked that a lot. Breakfast was quite good, and included very large Sams Club type croissants.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 24, 2008

I would not recomend anyone stay at this motel Here is my storyI On the night of Nov. 21, 2008, I drove into the registry space to go in and register. As I was beginning to register the night manager informed me I would have to move my car, I was blocking the path. My car was parked at the very side of the area, there was plenty of room for a vehicle to pass. I even asked one of the night clerks if there was room to pass. He hesitatingly admistted there was plenty of room. I went out to move the car and asked If I could pull into the covered registry drive, He informed me not politely I could not park there. I have always thought the covered area is where you park to register. He continued by telling me I would have to go and find a regular parking space. I informed him I thought his request was ridiculous. He told the night clerk not to rent me a room and then, He said "I smell alcohol on your breath I am calling the police.
I left, went 2 blocks and stayed at motel 6.

Stayed: November 2008
4  Thank 1wildbill
Reviewed November 7, 2008

Clean, spacious, good value accommodation with friendly, helpful staff and a good continental breakfast. In-room fridge and safe were a much-appreciated bonus. Some of the rooms can be noisy due to proximity to either the nearby freeway or (if, like us, you visit at the same time as a large party of screaming kids) swimming pool, so check if this bothers you. The staff could not have been more helpful with our numerous requests for local info and advice. This was not our first choice hotel for Petaluma, but would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank rickenbacker_al
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We stayed here for three nights in Sept. 2008. Had a room in bldg 1, which faces away from the freeway & major road, so was very quiet. Room was very decent. The staff at this hotel was the nicest I've experienced in the last few years, and I've stayed in quite a few hotels/motels in that time. Definitely recommended if you're staying in the area.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I stayed here for a week and on the last day of the stay my laptop was stolen from the room. I got the access audit trails of the room and apart from using our keys the only access to the room were made by the hotel staff itself, most probably housekeeping. The hotel management was not willing to disbelieve their staff and they told that I am responsible for all the personal belongings kept in the room. Made a police complaint and hoping that I will get back my laptop.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank yatri_sg
spockman40, General Manager at Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2008

We investigated the claim of a missing lap top. We found we were not at fault. We provide lap top size safes in rooms. Guest chose not to use it. Our staff did not take laptop. We instructed them to file police report and they did.

Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stopped in Petaluma to break up the drive from the Bay Area into wine country. Our stay at Quality Inn in Petaluma was amazing! For being so close to wine country, prices were reasonable. The staff welcomed us warmly. Our room was clean with just the right amount of space for two. The property is split into several different buildings which gives a homey feel to this large hotel. The staff readily gave us wonderful suggestions for dinner in Petaluma (I recommend Old Chicago for absolutely delicious deep-dish pizza!), bars with live music, and other things to do after dinner. At check out, we did not have time for breakfast, but were heartily encouraged to take muffins, fruit, coffee, juice, and anything else our hearts desired to-go. Indeed, the continental breakfast had a lovely variety of cereals, yogurt, pastries, and fruit. The staff even gave us ziplock bags to take food with us. Overall, this was the warmest and most helpful staff I have ever experienced at a hotel - not even fancy Marriotts or B&Bs have impressed me this much. I will definitely return to this inn for the low prices and excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank emmanuelle27
Reviewed June 9, 2008

The hotel is made up of seven separate buildings each with interior entrances to rooms. Our room was fairly small with about 3 feet on the side and foot of the bed and about 8 feet on the other. A small mini frig was a nice addition. The bathrooms were a little dirty (gray grout) but overall OK. The breakfast was modest with pastries, cereal, fruit and hot waffles (make them yourself). Coffee and tea were available 24/7 in the lobby as well as a computer with internet access and printer. Despite it's proximity to the highway, the rooms were quiet and the windows opened (if you so desired). Not many food options in the local area with the exception of a few already mentioned by other reviewers. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from downtown Petaluma.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LovePoptarts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#5 of 10 in Rohnert Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma? Share your experiences!