“Took a chance and loved it!”

Best Western Petaluma Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Every time I checked this place out on Best Western's website, I passed it by. The pictures made it look unappealing, old and in a not very desirable part of the city. I finally decided to try it because it was significantly cheaper than the Santa Rosa Avenue Best Western and closer to where I wanted to be. I was not disappointed. The room was a king room and quite large. It was recently remodeled and spotlessly clean. The bed was super comfy and the room was quiet. Front desk was friendly and efficient on check in and check out. And right across the street was both a Starbucks and an Noah's Bagels. I will definitely recommend and return!
PS: I would suggest they update their photos to make the hotel look as appealing as it is.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AnjellaEl

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Every time I checked this place out on Best Western's website, I passed it by. The pictures made it look unappealing, old and in a not very desirable part of the city. I finally decided to try it because it was significantly cheaper than the Santa Rosa Avenue Best Western and closer to where I wanted to be. I was not disappointed. The room was a king room and quite large. It was recently remodeled and spotlessly clean. The bed was super comfy and the room was quiet. Front desk was friendly and efficient on check in and check out. And right across the street was both a Starbucks and a Noah's Bagels. I will definitely recommend and return!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I agree with the other comments. The rooms are large and clean. Pretty dated as far as decor but I didn't expect a Best Western to "wow" me anyway. It was close to family members we were visiting. It served the purpose for our visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WorldTraveler2835
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed 6 nights as a base for the wine country and San Francisco and really enjoyed it. Very good continental breakfast and very clean rooms with plenty of accessories. Rooms a good size. Pool area very nice. Staff friendly and helpful. Close to amenities e.g. a couple of supermarkets and a few restaurants and charming downtown is about a 5 minute drive. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed at this property three times in the last 18 months. In the off-season the I paid $60 for a room with two queen beds. On season I paid $100 for the same room. These prices are very reasonable for the area. The property is in very good condition. It has all the usual amenities that this price class has. The rooms are very spacious and clean, and the beds are very comfortable. Even though the property is right on the corner of two busy streets and has freeway frontage, it's surprisingly quiet. I brought earplugs but I did not use them, and I'm a very light sleeper. It's only a 5 minute bike ride to downtown Petaluma which is super convenient. It's a 15 minute drive to downtown Santa Rosa when there's no traffic, so it;s an excellent location.
Some people have been especially tough on this property because of the quality of the breakfast. I personally don't even bother with the breakfast at this price class, and I don't think that's an issue. There's a Peet's and a grocery store directly across the street which is very convenient if you travel with kids.
Overall, the location, price, and quality of the property make it the perfect home-base for a trip to the Petaluma area. I highly recommend you stay here, but book early because the place fills up quick.

Room Tip: Go for an upstairs room that faces the pool because it's the quietest.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very clean and very large room. Only complaint is that the TV stations were full of snow or static. Otherwise, nice cont. breakfast, clean and VERY large room. I would be nice if HVAC unit would contiguously run to mask outside noise. Close to downtown Petaluma, CA. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

On our trip down the California coast we stayed in 6 hotels in 7 days. I had to think back about this one because nothing stood out other then we paid the most for this average room. It was OK - clean and comfortable bed but not much else. The ladies at the front desk were nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
3 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
#3 of 10 in Rohnert Park

Been to Best Western Petaluma Inn? Share your experiences!