“Fresh, unique, filling breakfast and lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Della Fattoria Downtown
Ranked #5 of 261 Restaurants in Petaluma
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Fresh, unique, filling breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Interesting and fresh breakfast selection. The selection isn't wide, but has something for every taste, from egg sandwiches to corned beef hash or gourmet beans on toast. Lunch was also excellent, with very fresh salads and sandwiches, and an excellent dessert selection.

• Visited October 2013

San Francisco, California
“Do Not Drive By Petaluma Without Stopping Here for a Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

On the way to the Wine Road from San Francisco, we always start the morning at Della Fattoria. I had the eggs benedict on their own delicious sourdough with heirloom tomatoes and sweet tender ham topped with perfect hollandaise. Each ingredient by itself is delicious so put it all together and it is the BEST breakfast you can imagine.

• Visited October 2013
California
“Excellent Food, Spectacular Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Five well travelled foodies enjoyed one of the best breakfast experiences at Della Fattoria in all of our travels. The bakery items are memorable, menu ample to suit everyone's requirements and the service was over the top. We were very fortunate to have Jake take our orders and deliver our food. The restaurant / bakery was bustling but Jake was cool, patient and knowledgeable. He also just exuded a warmth and genuinely caring attitude, always with charm and grace. I wish I had a business that required someone with his gifts, I'd steal him away. Very special place all in all.

• Visited September 2013
Grass Valley, California, United States
“The best breakfast ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

From the moment we walked in and were served our coffee I knew this was going to be an awesome breakfast. It is a small place and very busy. I ordered regular black coffee which was great! It is the best coffee I have had since we were in Germany earlier this year. Then I ordered a Macchiato coffee and it was very nice as well. My daughters ordered a latte and a chai bowl and they were equally amazing. The breads and pastries looked very tasty - we did end up bringing home a loaf of their lavender/Meyer lemon bread and an apple muffin - both were delicious.

As for our food that we ordered: (1)eggs benedict with ham, tomatoes and the best hollandaise sauce that I think I have ever had at a restaurant (2) an egg sandwich made with ham, cheese and tomato, served on their own baked English muffins, and last but not least, (3) a bear claw. All of the food was very delicious. The service was good and the servers answered all of our questions and were very friendly. They kept the coffee coming as well. I would definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
Hawaii
“Strong coffee makes for a great start to your day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I love brunch! I don't seem to be able to shove down a large meal first thing in the morning so brunch suites me well. I think this place is great for either type of person since there are good options. There's not a huge breakfast menu (in terms of traditional stuff your face) but there are still great options as you'll note from other reviewers (lots of pastries, breads, etc.).

The wait was a tad long (nearly 30 minutes) and the very large group of 10+ may have contributed to that. To be honest most great brunch places have a wait. The wait staff were pleasant and the food orders took a tad longer to surface than the average. I ordered the Mushroom Scramble Piadina - I appreciated the quality in fresh ingredients (asparagus and mushrooms) and the bread was most likely made in the bakery, but there was something missing, such as a sauce or maybe a spice (cheese that came with it was Havarti). Still very good! Other parties of my group had the Croquet Madame and Biscuits and Gravy - all with the same care in fresh ingredients with raves from the eaters.

Now, while my overall rating may be average, the coffee was above average! This is not the place you'll find a big pot of drip coffee. There was one specific waiter that went around to each table to serve great coffee - comparable to French press! I love coffee (I'm not an expert but my parents do own a coffee roasting company; I know what I like!). They serve rich, strong coffee - reminds me of Italian coffee. Very good.

My overall rating is based on my experience as a whole - the food to me was average, the wait and experience (includes staff) average. I'm open minded to experiencing the bakery portion of this restaurant and, in the future, providing an update on my experience (especially if their coffee is still as excellent).

• Visited May 2013