“We were treated like visiting royalty”

Della Fattoria Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Della Fattoria Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 281 Restaurants in Petaluma
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had the great pleasure of eating breakfast here yesterday. We couldn't believe the attention and warmth we received from Kim and the staff. I can't remember a more cordial dining experience. It seemed like the word had gone out that we were to be treated to the most delightful meal imaginable.
We will absolutely recommend Della Fattoria to everyone we know, and we'll be back any time we're in the area.
Thank you Della Fattoria for helping make the day so wonderful!

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The bread is renown in the Bay Area. The breakfast is tasty and the coffee is great. Busier as we sat and read the papers, I'm glad we got there early. The cakes and Tarts are lovely to view and to taste. Don't miss this place.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love the bread.
They are the makers of some of the best bread around.
However, as much as I want to like the restaurant, I find it difficult.
I have tried it on several occasions and got sick twice.
The other occasions the service was iffy at best and seemed like they had other more important people to talk to than to a customer.
When I say I got sick (twice) that is not being said lightly. I have what is call a "Cast Iron Constitution" (lol from the old days). I can eat anything and even from street vendors food in foreign countries that make most nervous just thinking about it. But to eat in Petaluma at a place I really want to like and has one of my favorite staples (bread), and get sick, real sick Twice, I am astonished. For the prices they charge, I would expect better. Seems like they are living off their families great name recognition for their bread. The kids need to do better.

1  Thank Captain M
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I had breakfast at this restaurant because we had business to do on a Wednesday in town. Having read the tripadvisor reviews I really expected something special. The place is small and charming, in the middle of the wonderful downtown area on the main drag. Small two-person tables and large communal tables. The very professional waitperson was extremely nice, interesting and helpful. The menu is limited, and Iʻm afraid we were very disappointed. I ordered poached eggs on toast. I asked for wheat toast, but I guess the standard is very thin dry, hard to cut toasted French bread, which is what I received. The eggs were cooked until they were almost hard. My husband had the same hard-cooked poached eggs with corned beef hash, which he declared okay. Both breakfasts were decidedly overpriced for what we received. The one bright spot, besides the waitperson, was the coffee, which was outstanding. I wouldnʻt go back just for the coffee, however.

1  Thank 24karat
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The food and pastry at this place are awesome. I had some biscuits and gravy thing and my husband had the corned beef, and we were both extremely satisfied. Great coffee, good service. We hadn't been waiting for our food long at all (not long enough where I had even noticed), and a woman came by (probably the owner), noticed we didn't have any food, and offered us free mimosas on the house while we were waiting - very nice gesture. We took home some bread and pastries too, and they were still good several days after we bought them.