“Fantastic Restaurant, but, oh boy, the bread....”

Della Fattoria Downtown
Ranked #5 of 266 Restaurants in Petaluma
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Sonoma, CA
“Fantastic Restaurant, but, oh boy, the bread....”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After wandering the streets of Petaluma, you walk in to air conditioned comfort, the smell of bread, the aroma of coffee, and then you see the bakery case of cakes and pastries.... You can have an uncontrolled, eat-a-thon. I, especially liked the fantastic coffee, a very tasty, moist piece of cake, and taking home a loaf of freshly baked bread; there are many different loaves from which to make a selection. I have had many lunches here; the soups are freshly made and are different each time which I have been in the restaurant-very tasty and well seasoned. Now, whenever, I come through Petaluma, I have a meal here....

• Visited October 2012

Underhill, Vermont
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were here last January and again this October and the food is the best. My wife had polenta with roasted seasonal local vegetables both times and went to the kitchen this time to ask how they made it so creamy and delicious. I had the special steak tips sandwich with cream cheese and olia dressing with vine ripened tomato slices - messy but worth it. Coffee was super and made to order. Americana is $2.50 but refills are $0.50 on the menu -- we were not charged for the refills. Don't sit near the desert case as we did because it will keep tempting you all through lunch.

• Visited October 2012
Petaluma, CA
“Delicious and PERFECT”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We love everything about Della... the decor, the vibe and the food. Their breads are the best around and their food is outstanding. Every time we eat there it is a treat!

Visited October 2012
Sacramento, California
“I only had toast and coffee, and one of the best breakfasts ever!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Della Fattoria certainly lives up to its reputation! We didn't have time for a full breakfast, but wanted to try this legendary bread bakery, and we ae so glad we did. The selection of bread and pastries was amazing. My husband had a scone, and ihe said its the first real scone he has tasted since he fell in love with them in England 20 years ago. I had the "rustic" toast with homemade strawberry preserves and cafe americano. Breakfast doesn't get much simpler than this and we talk about this great place all the time! The next time we are anywhere near Petaluuma, we will make sure we have more time to enjoy a full breakfast.

• Visited September 2012
Petaluma, California
“Could be so much better”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have tried to 'love' this place for years. It is my kind of place. Unfortunately, I go a few times, then vow not to return. Then after about six months, I go back. After the last encounter, I finally have to write a review. The food is made with fresh ingredients and the menu features some unique and creative items. Good for when you don't want the ordinary. Having said that, the service is dismal and my order has been wrong every single time I have been there - about 10 times over the last three years. Everything from coffee to sandwich to oatmeal. I just went in last week and waited 10 minutes for someone to ackowledge that I was there and bring me a menu. I ordered oatmeal , which comes with sugar and cream on the side. I asked very specifically for NO SUGAR and NO CREAM - why waste bringing it to me if I am not going to eat it. Well, after waiting almost 20 minutes, the oatmeal arrived with not only sugar and cream on the side but SUGAR ALL OVER MY oatmeal. They had to remake it. Then there was lipstick on my tea cup, and it wasn't mine. While I know this happens, my issue was that I poured my cup of tea before noticing, so my fresh tea was wasted. They brought me a new cup (of course I had to go up to the counter, since no one comes to check on me), but did not replace my tea. I had about half a cup in left in the pot. I asked for more water, but the tea leaves were used and not good. I thought is simply, REALLY? It could be so much better.

• Visited September 2012