“Surprise Lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Petaluma, California
“Surprise Lunch”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Wanting something a little different than our "normal" local place, we stumbled on Topsy's Kitchen, located on Kentucky Street in downtown Petaluma. Small place, with outside patio seating available. I expected to see a type of fast food restaurant once I went inside, but was pleasantly surprised to see an upscale type restaurant, an open type cooking area and cloth napkins. We sat outside on the patio, and even though it was right on Kentucky Street, we enjoyed people watching as we ate. I ordered the Roasted Vegetable Tangine, which I will definately order again. It was flavorful, had plenty of veggies on it and a homemade pimento type cheese and homemade potato chips. It was also served with a small green salad. My husband had the Farmer's Salad, that he said was very good, and would have again. The menu is actually small, but Breakfast and Lunch are served all day - one of the few restaurants that does serve breakfast in Petaluma.

• Visited July 2014

Bellevue, Washington
“Great breakfasts!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited this lovely restaurant at a busy time and service was both friendly and prompt for a large group including younger children. We started with a huge cinnamon roll for everyone at the table to sample - a breakfast appetizer! Espresso drinks were great and the various egg based entrees were all nicely cooked. Will definitely return on our next trip to Petaluma.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank bargain_hunter46
Tucson, Arizona
“Special place for breakfast”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The biscuits and gravy were wonderful (my husband's favorite breakfast) and the French baked eggs (in cream) were fabulous! The service was excellent and be sure to try a beignet as an "appetizer"...you won't be disappointed!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank IndyGoldie60
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“A little slice of paradise”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had the opportunity to have lunch at Topsy's recently and we thoroughly enjoyed it. From the moment we walked in, we experienced the fantastic, friendly, attentive and accommodating service that is sure to put this little cafe on the map. The patio seating is lovely and provides a nice view of the Main Street and is good for people watching. My husband had the Tokyo Chicken special, which is addictive. Served with a yummy slaw and potato salad, I couldn't help but steal bites off his plate. I opted for the power foods salad which was totally dee-lish. The roasted beets were done to perfection without even a hint of the dirty taste you sometimes get. My husband can't stand beets - yet he had a couple of bites of them and will only eat the ones at Topsy's! Don't forget to treat yourself to the beignets....light, airy and served with a fantastic fresh jam. A must for us the next time we're in the area.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cindi S
California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It is tops!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Beautiful place...welcoming, fun and lovely.
Wonderful food served with love.
Friendly staff.
Presentation excellent.
Nice setting with linen tablecloths and fresh flowers.
Wonderful vintage coffee cups!
Fresh, delicious food.