“A little slice of paradise”
Review of Topsy's Kitchen

Topsy's Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 267 Restaurants in Petaluma
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I had the opportunity to have lunch at Topsy's recently and we thoroughly enjoyed it. From the moment we walked in, we experienced the fantastic, friendly, attentive and accommodating service that is sure to put this little cafe on the map. The patio seating is lovely and provides a nice view of the Main Street and is good for people watching. My husband had the Tokyo Chicken special, which is addictive. Served with a yummy slaw and potato salad, I couldn't help but steal bites off his plate. I opted for the power foods salad which was totally dee-lish. The roasted beets were done to perfection without even a hint of the dirty taste you sometimes get. My husband can't stand beets - yet he had a couple of bites of them and will only eat the ones at Topsy's! Don't forget to treat yourself to the beignets....light, airy and served with a fantastic fresh jam. A must for us the next time we're in the area.

1  Thank Cindi S

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Beautiful place...welcoming, fun and lovely.
Wonderful food served with love.
Friendly staff.
Presentation excellent.
Nice setting with linen tablecloths and fresh flowers.
Wonderful vintage coffee cups!
Fresh, delicious food.

1  Thank Rasta Birdie
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The breakfast chicken and waffle meal is outstanding and the lunch menu buttermilk fried chicken is out of this world.

Topsy's is small, clean and friendly with great service and wonderful food. It's a bit noisy for a large group.

The location is good: Downtown Petaluma with lots of opportunities for pre or post meal shopping at the local bookstores, galleries and boutiques. Best parking is at the free garage one street up on Keller Street. Topsy's is just off the alley way exit at the back of the garage.

1  Thank efspetaluma
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We tried this based on a review in the local paper and were not disappointed. It's billed as a comfort food restaurant. The shrimp and grits was excellent and the fried chicken a little salty. Tried the chicken fried deviled eggs and they were good and very interesting.
Beer and wine list had something for just about everyone.

It's only breakfast and lunch - keep it in mind.

1  Thank Alysson F
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We went here for Breakfast. I loved the décor, although a bit on the formal side for breakfast. For dinner it would be perfect. We started with a Cinnamon Bun, heavenly. The icing on it was thick and just divine. I ordered Eggs over Medium, potatoe pancake, and a biscuit with sausage gravy. My eggs were perfectly cooked to Sunnyside Up, a potatoe pancake which was too crisp and cold, a biscuit with average sausage gravy. My Hubby ordered scrambled eggs which were perfectly cooked, blueberry pancakes which were light and fluffy, and apple sausage. The brown sugar and maple syrups were served cold. I'm not sure I would go back and order breakfast as it was hit and miss, but will go and try lunch. The menu looks inviting and tasty -- hopefully with two hits!

2  Thank Shanti108