“Local favorite with gluten-free options”
Review of Tea Room Cafe

Tea Room Cafe
Ranked #17 of 268 Restaurants in Petaluma
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lively downtown cafe for full breakfast, lunch, and Sunday brunch, house made soups. Exceptional in-house bakery turns out signature scones, and daily specials, including gluten-free options. Full array of loose tea, locally roasted coffee and full espresso bar. Order at the counter with food & drinks delivered to your table. Local artwork on display. Great for families, smaller groups or dining alone, with a community table and outdoor sidewalk seating for you and your pooch. CASH ONLY -atm two blocks away, and walk-in only- no reservations accepted.
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Now, Tea Room has added gluten-free to their pancake menu! These pancakes have a wonderful texture & taste. When I have houseguests or visitors from Marin/SF, adult or child, they insist we go to Tea Room. You don't come here for the service; much of it is do-it-yourself, but for those of us who love it, this only contributes to the feeling of "this is our place". If you want to be waited on, you'll want to go somewhere else. But the food here is just so exceptional. Want a low-cost breakfast, try the soft-boiled egg with "baton" (toasted baguette). The scones are the best in the world. If they can invent a gluten-free scone, that'll be GF heaven. In the meantime, GF people can get the delectable pancakes or eggs bennie without the homemade biscuits. Excellent espresso too.

2  Thank Always_Panna_Cotta

Reviewed June 16, 2011

went here based on the reviews, to be honest there was more wrong than right, first, it is crowded, but u are required to order (and pay for) your food before you select a table, so my question is- what if the food is ready but u still don't have a table?? my feeling is - I want a table before I committ my money.. the food was a little overpriced, no menus so you have to stand at a blackboard- in everyones way- to read the menu, I forget what my husband had, he said it was pretty good, but I had some baked egg thing, which was completely raw, it took a while to get a waiters attention, by the time he brought it back my husband was done eating and my egg dish was so overcooded it was inedible.. I left, seriously- hungry, and went around the corner to a nice little grocery store and got some fruit and a muffin to hold me.

2  Thank patp26
Reviewed December 26, 2010

What a cool restaurant. The place only takes cash and personal checks. How cool, a place that trusts you enough to take an out of a\state personal check. On to the review...their food is diverse and unique. We went for breakfast and enjoyed some omelets, granola, and some bacon. The fresh squeezed OJ was really good. This is primarily a locals spot and I would say it is worth a trip for a locals breakfast. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 21, 2009

One of my favorites for breakfast! I especially love the salmon & cream cheese omelet! Great scones, relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed September 20, 2009

This cafe is a great place for a casual, relaxed meal with friends or family. The teens and young adults who have dined there with me love it. The cafe features an extensive menu of sandwiches, soups, salads and breakfast foods that are made of fresh, wholesome ingredients.

The staff is very friendly, and efficient. It can be crowded, and they don't take credit cards, so remember cash or a check, and try to avoid peak hours. I've enjoyed a late lunch (2 pm) and found the cafe to be delightful.