“Definitely Worth Checking Out”
Review of Lydia's Sunflower Center - CLOSED

Lydia's Sunflower Center
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Although it's in an out-of-the-way location I definitely recommend checking this place out. It's a little pricey (as all vegan places are) but it has good food, great service, and a pleasant atmosphere. I have a friend that eats there almost every day, sometimes twice a day; I don't love it that much but I'm looking forward to going back the next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Let me just say that I am NOT even a vegetarian but I do enjoy vegetarian and vegan food. I am currently visiting Marin County and looked for Groupons and LivingSocial deals for the area when I came upon the Sunflower Center. I thought that it was going to be a small cafe inside a market but I was completely wrong on that...it's actually on the ground floor of a big office building (bizarre!) but when you walk in it's huge and friendly and fun! They're open all day and even until 10pm, I think! They serve really awesome food (I had the buckwheat crepe with kale and pesto sauce, my 7 year old had the crepe with banana and chocolate sauce plus a berry smoothie, my dad --who is NOT a vegie by any means!-- ate the vegie curry with rice and salad and he didn't die, so it MUST be good!) haha

The center itself looks like it would be fun for people who live around the area...my son entertained himself with the hula hoops and I shopped for some cool jewelry while we were waiting. There is all kinds of different seating from booths to long quiet tables to couches, and a large area for little tykes.

I am pretty close to giving it an excellent over very good, but I probably am a little too used to iced tea refills and a little bit of "service"...this is very much a order at the counter/bus your own table place...which is fine! The location is a bit "odd"...it would be nicer to have a garden setting or something. I am assuming this is actually where they produce Lydia's stuff that is sold in the stores, so it's more commercial...but the restaurant/center area is quite nice.

Overall I would highly recommend for someone looking for a good and healthy break!!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I won't bore you with a long review. If you are looking raw, vegan, or gluten-free food -- and hopefully all three -- then this is a must stop. We ate there 3 times in a 2 day period, as it was that good.

It's located in an office park, so don't be surprised at the desolate drive in if you are dining late. However, the restaurant itself is bright and full of life, and worth the trek to North Petaluma.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

What a refreshing surprise to find the Sunflower Center! Great food that's actually good for you... what a concept! Exellent crepes and soups. An awesome organic/vegan cafe... sweet atmosphere too. Definitely not for those seeking a burger and fries. lol

1  Thank TheNakedTruth
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I meet every Thursday with a knitting group. We met here today and some of us tried vegan food for the first time. Now leaving all animal products behind this was a new adventure. A friend and I shared a Greek Salad and a "burger". The burger was a mixture of many vegan ingredients, and was very tasty. There was crispy kale on the plate and we loved it. Crunch and taste, and it was good for us! The salad was a huge hit and I will order salads again. A fine place for meeting and knitting, the group agreed to continue meeting here as it is warm and inviting. The staff all are friendly and happy to answer questions about the food.