“service questionable”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

had lunch today with a friend we always bring a bottle of the bubbly wherever we go. Server did not know how to open the bottle; spilled a good amount on the table, poured a little in each glass.
Took our order, brought our food and we did not see him until it was time for the bill. We poured our champagne ourselves when our glasses were empty. Then we were charged corkage; we know is going to happen, but we took care of it the rest of the time.
Food was good we both a had small pizza which was very good. The side Ceasar salad that came with it was so-so.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My fiance and I went to this restaurant excited due to the location and food they offered. We were completely ignored by waitress staff. We ordered 2 beers on tap and received one beer with a floating candle!!!! EWWW! We asked for a new one and they charged us for it!
DO not eat here, continue down town!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Dempsey's has been doing it right for many years I love to stop here whenever I pass through Petaluma. My friends and I were heading home from the coast and stopped here for lunch. Had a bunch of things and shared them, flatbread, caesar salad, taco's, lemongrass shrimp and of course a beer or two...still good and always something new to try.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had a great dinner with family. Compelled to order chicken in this chicken-popular region of CA, and it was worth it. Service was fast and polite, all the food was fresh, and the local beer and wine was outstanding. We also had a terrific pasta meals.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was visiting the area with the family. We were originally going to eat at Graffati because of it's high reviews on here. But when we walked by, we saw that it was a little too nice for a family in dirty camping clothes with little children. So we wondered around until we stumbled upon this place.
A little bit more casual, but still very nice. I didn't see any other young families at the time and wondered if we would be out of place here too. While looking at their menu and trying to decide, I asked a friendly older couple that knew the area if they could recommend a place to eat for a young family, that served food nicer than fast food.
They weren't sure, but said they thought this place would be fine. They ate their a lot, were vegetarians, but said all the food was good. Their waitress who was very sweet, let us know they had a children's menu too. So it was settle then, this is where we ate for lunch.

We ordered a flat bread starter with hummus and feta cheese. It was amazing! My husband wanted it, I thought I didn't like hummus. Oh, I changed my mind after trying this. The hummus was fantastic, so was the bread and cheese. High quality and authentic.

I ordered their special pasta, which was penne coated in oil and something else, had sun-dried tomatoes, cheese, and some greenery. I don't even know everything that was in there, but it was wonderful! At first I was disappointed in the portion size, but the the bowl part of the plate was deeper than I am use to seeing at other restaurants. There was more than it looked, and it filled me.

My one year old had a simple kids quesadilla. It wasn't too fancy, but again the bread and cheese were of high quality and authentic. I had a bite, very nice flavor with the perfect amount of crunch.

My other two children ordered hamburgers and fries. All was perfect. The waitress asked how they would like their burgers too, which for them is well-done. My daughter didn't finish hers, but happily ate the left-overs the next day.

My husband had some kind of fajita, with guacamole, salsa, and black beans. Again, perfection!

I haven't had food this good since I lived in NYC. It was all amazing.

Okay, enough with the food.

The atmosphere was lovely. We ate outside. The weather was perfect, plenty of shade. The seating area sits near a walk by the river. No cars going by, just people. The scenery was beautiful. There were all these adorable sailboats lined up on the other side of the river. There was also a charming bridge for pedestrians to cross. Across the river, more charming businesses, with the busy roads hiding on the other side of the buildings. It was really quite delightful.

Service: our waitress was fantastic. She had several tables she was tending too, but still asked us a couple of times how everything was, and our drinks never went empty.

After our experience, I was surprised to see some of the negative reviews on here. We had an absolutely wonderful experience.