“Warm welcoming atmosphere and well made food”
Review of Cucina Paradiso

Cucina Paradiso
Ranked #2 of 266 Restaurants in Petaluma
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Warm welcoming atmosphere and well made food”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had dinner with friends at Cucina Paradiso last night. We had a reservation but it was crowded and locals kept coming in, the bar was full too. I knew why it was so popular as soon as I started on my fettuccine with shrimp. Really well flavored and large portions too. My husband and one of our friends had the pasta rustico, they finished every last bit, so much so that they were dipping their bread in the sauce- it was so good. The dessert was great, I had the house chocolate mousse cake and we shared it, they misunderstood some of the dessert order, my husband wanted the Afogado but changed his mind to the tiramisu. They brought the Afogado but gave us the tiramisu on the house. We felt so welcome. The service was great, water glasses were always full with a menu that was filled with so many options... Organic vegetables too - it was hard to choose.

• Visited January 2013

Anaheim, CA
“Peteluma Paradiso”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Our son lives in Santa Rosa and recommended this Italian restaurant for a lunch with some family members who live in San Francisco.
A lunch menu that includes duck filled ravioli, risotto with ox tail ragu and artichokes, ravioli filled with pumpkin plus the usual pasta, veal and chicken dishes all under $18 is a real find. Definitely worth the drive from either north or south.
The wine list was excellent and well priced and the service was perfect.

• Visited December 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“It's Amore!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Words can barely describe how I adored this place, the food, service and atmosphere were absolutely delightful. Although we were only in Petaluma four days we dined here twice. I'll attach pictures later, but the salads may have been the best I've EVER had. The bruschetta, fresh breads, pastas... Everything we tried was magnificent. You can enter from the side of the river, by which you pass the kitchen. Spotless! A family business run to perfection!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank CStraveling
Glen Ellen
“Worth your time --a great Italian restaurant”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Several days ago, a friend mentioned that his family loves this restaurant in Petaluma, and they were driving over for dinner. This really is an excellent restaurant. The salads are fresh and the pasta to die for! The other reviewers said that it was well worth the $$ and the service was good. I concur! Also, it is very clean and we have never had a bad meal here either!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank corkiek
Sonoma County, California
“Best Italian!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love Italian food, and I've tried lots of Italian places in Sonoma County, some good, some not so good. And this place is the best.

It's an interesting building in the old section of town on "main" (Petaluma Blvd) street. We like the back room, which is more intimate and less noisy and less crowded, but some people like to be in the front room for the activity.

Anyway....
Food is excellent. Have never had a bad thing, not even a mediocre thing, here.
Salads are fresh and tasty. (There's a seasonal salad with persimmon and pomegranate that is so good.)
Meats are juicy and tender and flavorful.
And the pastas are outstanding. My favorite is a shrimp fettucine. You can taste that the noodles are home made (as stated on the menu). They are so much better than dried purchased pasta.
Penne and ravioli are recommended as well.
For dessert, I've been searching for a really good creme brulee -- and I found it here!

Service is efficient.
Prices are very reasonable especially considering the quality of the food.

This is our go-to place for Italian.

• Visited November 2012