“"Absolutely the best meal I have ever had!"”
Review of Central Market

Central Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Central Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 268 Restaurants in Petaluma
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Western Avenue
Transit: Nearest bus stop is at 4th Street & "C" Street
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I cannot say enough about this restaurant. The ambiance was great. The meal was fantastic. The best I have ever had, perfectly seasoned and cooked. The ingredients are fresh and the portion sizes are perfect. We had four adults and ordered an appetizer, wine, main courses, and deserts. All were absolutely magnificent. Unfortunately, I live just outside of Charlotte, NC. I am longing to return to California just to go eat at Central Market. If you are anywhere near Petaluma, drive to this restaurant. You will be glad you did. It is a little pricey, but worth every penny.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

What can I say, never had a bad meal or service at Central Market. Taste and quality of the food is always consistently good, as is the service. Wine list and recommendations from the server always spot on! One of our favorite places in all of Sonoma County. Make reservations, often difficult to get a table.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had dinner on a recent Friday and were amazed at the terrific meal we had. We started with the beet and cheese appetizer-- delicious and fresh. As good as that was, it got even better with the gems salad--each ingredient was fresher and more flavorful than the next! We had salmon for our entree and that was the best I have ever had. The salmon was amazingly fresh and perfectly cooked. Dessert was the butterscotch pot of cream and chocolate tartlet and we wished we had at least one more of each! The wine selection was great, and the service was professional and friendly. I also love the look and feel of the place -- I now get it what "slow food" is all about! If we'd stayed longer in Petaluma -- or anywhere nearby--we would have definitely gone back again, and I recommend that anyone in the area make it a point to dine at Central Market -- purely and totally terrific.

1  Thank Pegali
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We don't live in Petaluma, but go thru it regularly and every time we drive by the Central Market it looks so convivial and inviting, and I have wanted to try it. Friday evening we finally tried it and I am so glad we did! We did not have reservations, and Open Table said first opening was 9pm. It was nearing 8:30 and we asked if they could seat us. The place was hopping! Sure, they had a table and we really enjoyed it. Creative food - we had the Buttermilk fried Halibut Cheeks for starters. Delicious and came with greens too. We had the Chicken Bombe (huge chicken meatball) and the Salmon. Both were excellent and the salmon was a good sized portion and perfectly cooked. Decent wine list too! We shared the apple pie dessert. Service was good, everyone was friendly and the food was really good. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had been looking forward to eating here for a long time. We weren't disappointed! The food here is wonderful.

For a starter snack, we had the arancini (fried risotto balls with pancetta, gruyere cheese and truffle oil). Delicious! We split an order of mussels and the little gems salad. Both were good.

For our entrees, we had the rainbow trout and the shrimp and scallops. The trout was grilled and stuffed with spinach and almonds. The shrimp and scallops came with a fried risotto cake with saffron and ginger which was perfectly crunchy outside and moist inside. The scallops were perfectly cooked.