“Decent food not decent service”
Review of Speakeasy

Speakeasy
Ranked #37 of 298 Restaurants in Petaluma
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

Ok it’s a neat little spot and the tacos were very well done as well as the enchilada. My issues are with service or lack there of. Being a server means serving? We had a waiter so sit and wait with no follow up, no refill on drinks no hey hows everything. It’s a shame as it’s a nice place but I’ve been treated better fast food joints.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Sitting on the outdoor patio dining alfresco, watching the people walk by and eating delicious food is a blast! Whether you're looking for a late morning meal or a late night snack, Speakeasy definitely fills the bill. Unusual menu filled with delicious choices, including extensive vegetarian choices, this is the place to go, no matter the time of day or night!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We found the Speakeasy more or less by accident, no sign or any thing visible to give an indication of the restaurant name other than menu out, front.
My wife had the Bow tie pasta dish and I had the steak both were really very good meals and for once not to big.
The desert’s were very interesting my wife had the donuts with bacon, which was an amazing dish, not what you would expect taste wise, well worth giving this dish a try. I had the chocolate dish (cannot remember what it was called but this was a great finish to my dinner.
Good staff, good service and great food what more could you ask for from a restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 7, 2018

Hungry at 1am, go to Speak Easy for a delicious meal no matter how late. Plus enjoy outdoor seating and a great selection of beers and wine.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed February 24, 2018

Petaluma, Population 59,440...where is one to find GOOD quality food late night?

Luckily Speakeasy is staffed by a bunch of nice insomniac hipsters whom serve up quality meals late into the night until 2am, 7 days a week. Amazing! There's also a nice enough selection of draft beers, wine, and craft cocktails.

$6 Papas Bravas...I spent 10 days in Spain, and this was better than any Spanish tapas spot I visited. The potatoes were nice and crispy, and the sauces was creamy and delicious...just a little too spicy.
$10 Polenta...this classic creamy corn Italian dish with a twist: blue cheese, bacon and egg transforms this into tasty all day breakfast-like meal.
Tacos...we got 2 salmon and 2 steak tacos. As San Diegans, we safely say these are creative but good at the same time. Unfortunately they were just luke warm when they came out to us. 4 tacos for $16, or 2 for $9.
$11 Veggie Burger...as good as a veggie burger can be.

My one warning is that Speakeasy is a TINY place with 5 inside tables and 5 bar seats. Outdoor seating is available, but winters in Petaluma can be freezing, at least for us San Diegans.

Date of visit: January 2018