“Lovely hotel good for liesure or business. Great value”
Review of Metro Hotel & Cafe

Metro Hotel & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I came along with my significant other on a three day biz trip and was delighted with the charming Metro Hotel. Its Parisian theme made me feel like I was back in Paris. I love the furniture and accessories that one might see at the famous french Clignantcourt flea market. The main floor of the mansion inn has a comfy couch to crawl up in to read or watch tv as well as a cafe/dining area where you can prepare a quick snack in the microwave or toaster oven. If you like to socialize with other guests this is the place to do it. Pete's coffee is provided for your morning cup of joe. There is even a fridge in the cafe area to store your fixins. I used disposable utensils from the market, but there are cups and plates for use. Be considerate and use the soap at the sink to wash what you borrow. The outdoor french seating in the garden provided a lovely spot to relax and enjoy a happy hour of wine and cheese purchased at the Petaluma market. The hotel is on the main street into downtown, making for an easy walk to the many restaurants and watering hotels. The hotel has recommendations and guides available.

Our guestroom was full of personality and included the modern luxuries one enjoys at home including down comforters, free wireless WiFi, and a wall mounted LCD TV. We watched a movie on the it using our own HDMI cable and pc. The floor was hardwood which I was thrilled with since I have allergies. The bath had a small claw foot tub with shower fixtures. A stove heater and comfortable mattress make for a restful night sleep.

If your up for a unique experience try one the two Airstream trailers out back!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2011

Checked this property out on TripAdvisor. Read some very nice things and a few that weren't so favorable. I thought the good far outweighed the negative.
Adorable hotel. Very nicely decorated. Very cozy. Very quiet. Very comfortable. Excellent service while there as well. We would stay here again without a doubt. Would recommend it to anyone. Great value for the location as well. Everything is nearby.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2011

The vintage look and sweet smell of the charming Metro building draws you in to the warm parisian atmosphere of this lovely hotel. WIth comfortable rooms and friendly staff I would recommend it to any friend. The "lovely" and "unique" of this hotel is in the details. I adore the chalkboard headboards and pine wood floors. I loved my visit and will be back!

Reviewed January 5, 2011

We love to stay at The Metro any chance we get for the perfect European getaway. everything about the place spells charm - from the front of the building, through the decorative downstairs to the irresistible rooms themselves. I have travelled in Europe and never have I seen a place that puts you in that frame of mind. The beds are comfortable, the claw foot baths a nice touch and the coffee and pastry a nice touch. I would be surprised if you did not enjoy your stay at the Metro. Be sure to try the Sea restaurant next store for a wonderfully fresh meal.

Reviewed December 18, 2010

We were in town to watch a venue at the Mystic Theater. The Metro was within walking distance. Very clean. Very interesting French decor. Art (owner) was extremely accomodating. Showing us the different accomodations. It was a very peaceful, comfortable location. We initially booked the airstrem which was sooo adorable. However, I opted for a bigger space and it was not a problem to get into one of the rooms. Although near the action of downtown, very quiet place. Well kept. Sooo fun to look at. You would be hard pressed to find anything else like it. A stay in the airstream would be a night to remember in the spring for lovers.

Reviewed December 17, 2010

We have stayed at the Metro Hotel many times, and continue to return. The staff is always available and more than happy to accommodate their guests. I recommend it without reservation.

Reviewed December 4, 2010

We have stayed at Metro twice now and we really love everything about the place. The interior design is a lot of fun and we want to copy many of the ideas they have for our home. The staff is really friendly and the hotel itself is an easy walk to downtown. We have stayed here as part of trips to Point Reyes in the wintertime and we couldn't be happier!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Hotel Petaluma
El Pueblo Inn
El Pueblo Inn
#3 of 11 in Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa

Been to Metro Hotel & Cafe? Share your experiences!