“Outstanding service”
Review of Metro Hotel & Cafe

Metro Hotel & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
Reviewed May 30, 2009

We arrived to find a cute and clean place with lots of fun character. The prefect remedy to boring chain hotels. When there was a unexpected plumbing issue with our room, the owner personally took care of the problem, upgrading our room and going out of the way to make sure we were satisfied. The service and hospitality were above and beyond and the experience made our trip. Thanks again!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 25, 2009

I stayed in the Metro hotel for a friend's wedding. I got a great room, really comfortable bed, and great unique decor to match. The hotel has that great unique European pension feel - a little quirky, differentiated, a real hom-away-from-home feel, and yet the service was uniformly excellent. I would recommend it without hesistation

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I had about 100 nights in hotels in preceding year, on 5 continents, so know what I'm talking about when I say this is a gem. LOVED the free WiFi in the room for my IPod Touch. Quiet hotel with real windows that open to fresh air. Beautifully planted. The young Turkish man who handled check -in is perfectly fluent in English, gracious, and a real asset. The hotel owner was friendly and pleased to see me in the morning, too. Lots of creative touches. For me, a great night's sleep, high quality morning coffee, the WiFi, a free and secure place to park, and a gorgeous bathtub make a great stay -- and the Metro had all these things at a wonderful price. The Thai restaurant nearby is also terrific...and could store leftovers in the Metro's fridge to heat up for a snack the following day. Other than my favorite little hotel in Verbier (Switzerland) have found no better.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Stayed in the Cottage for a couple of nights. Perfect for a family of 4/5 with a double room, second bedroom with three single beds, and well equipped kitchen/living area downstairs. Even the tap over the kitchen sink is a work of art, and made washing up very entertaining! Loved the quirky furnishings and laid back nature of the place.

Would have been nice if the cafe had been open, but we were offered fresh coffee every morning and were fine with self-catering. Oh, and how can a Cottage at a French hotel in Napa Valley not have a corkscrew? Must be some sort of ironic joke ;-) We Brits thought it was funny, anyway.

If you want a standard hotel room don't go, but for something a bit different that leaves you with a few fond memories, this might be just the place.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2009

If you're looking for something a little bit different to chain hotels, this is the place to stay. The decor of Metro was cute and comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever stayed in. Considering I needed to just rest up for my full day ahead of me Metro was perfect. You check in yourself and I had no human interaction but I was fine with that. True the walls are thin, but guests were very respectful. If I ever need to stay in Petaluma again, I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2009

For the money, you get a sweet deal. A bit of France, a bit avant garde (Tom Waits asked to meet here to do a magazine interview). If you want something a little different than a Holiday Inn experience you'll like this place. For Petaluma, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Great little place to stay. Although I was by myself on this trip, I will definately be going back with my husband for a romantic weekend in Wine Country. The only downfall was the thin walls (could hear other people). Also, even though there is a cafe it's not open and would be a great feature.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Hotel Petaluma
#3 of 11 in Sonoma
Rodeway Inn Wine Country
Rodeway Inn Wine Country
#7 of 10 in Rohnert Park

Been to Metro Hotel & Cafe? Share your experiences!