“Great warm stay.”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Petaluma
Sacramento, California, United States
“Great warm stay.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This place is great! Awesome cozy feel right off the bat. Me and my girlfriend found ourselves wanting to take food home with us just to hang out in our room. We had a great time here. We will be back thanks!

1 Thank Micah H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
San Jose
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was just about to book a night stay at some other Inn, when I thought I'd do another search. I'm soo glad I did. My husband and I have been wanting to go to Lagunitas Brewery for the last couple of years and so we were looking for somewhere close enough. Everything about Metro Hotel was charming. The young man who showed us around was very accomodating. We loved the decor and made us feel like we stepped into an old French Movie. The room was clean and bed very comfy. We will definitely stay here again next time we come to Petaluma which we will because we fell in love with it. Can't wait. Thank you Metro Hotel for adding charm to our memorable and fun weekend

1 Thank Georgina L
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We loved this charming and fun little hotel. Definitely more fun than your big box hotel experience. Staff was excellent. Rooms are decorated with French flair. Within walking distance of downtown Petaluma. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Metro Hotel and Cafe is a real treat -- both affordable and upscale (relatively speaking).

My girlfriend and I had biked 45 miles from San Francisco and I told her we were camping in 30 degree weather. Instead, I booked the Metro Hotel and Cafe. Great decision or the greatest decision? (Trick question: greatest decision of all time.)

The bed was super nice and big enough to fit your entire family (not that you would want that). This is not a B&B but there were ample cakes and free coffee -- and a nice lounge area to sit and soak up some sun while you eat. The bathroom was nice and the bathtub had rubber duckies lining it.

The staff are friendly and pretty hands off, which I liked. They even found a place for us to stash our bikes inside. And there was a common fridge and dining area.

Again, this is not a B&B -- it's better. Comfort without pretension. And the place is full of fun Frenchy stuff and gnomes like the one popularized (and ruined) by Travelocity, which rips off the movie Amelie - a great film...and French!

Bon Voyage...

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank droots22
Camino, California
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I grew up in Petaluma and moved from there 18 years ago. We decided to go back for a visit and found Metro Hotel and Cafe. We arrived on Friday and were greeted by the friendliest young man (about 20). He gave us a history of the hotel and building, showed us to our PERFECT room. I was concerned because I know that Petaluma Blvd. is a very busy street but our room was quiet and beautifully appointed. The french decor throughout is delightful. We stayed two nights and the young woman (probably about 20 too) was equally delightful. The cafe was empty on Satuday night so we had the place to ourselves. We ordered take out....sat and enjoyed our meal and then played some cards. We had had a very busy day visiting the coast, Russian River, Shultz Museum, and Sonoma State University (alumnus).so being able to relax for the evening was a pleasure. Background music was a french radio station that played a combo of a few french songs along with an assortment of oldies.....great sing along songs. The shops in downtown Petaluma along with a great dinner at Grazziano's on Friday night made for a fun-filled weekend.....the perfect getaway. Thank you Metro Hotel.....we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs at the back of the hotel...quiet and a lovely tree outside the window providing a...
1 Thank Rebecca G
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ohhhhh where to begin. This review is bittersweet for me. I went to the Metro with my mom as a gift to her. We did a little girls getaway weekend. I LOVED Petaluma, but boy was this hotel a disappointment. The room was clean, we slept well…but it was just mediocre amongst many problems. First off when we arrived you have to be buzzed it, (not a big deal at all, there is always someone there to do the buzzing) but the staff was SO friggen rude! They had a small child with them that they reprimanded right in front of my mother and I (it was WAAAY more awkward than it sounds.) Then I gave them my groupon coupon and my credit card info for damages and my mother and I went to dinner. I got a phone call around 8:30pm at night saying they needed my groupon coupon and my credit card number AGAIN. They asked me to give them the info over the phone, I reluctantly did. I went on with my dinner and everything was fine. My mom and I got back to the room and tried to shower…TRIED to shower! The shower was ice cold and tinkled out, not to mention the stupid tub was so slippery we about killed ourselves trying to shower (But oh well, cold shower wasn’t the worst thing, just annoying). We got into our PJ’s turned the TV on and started to relax for the evening…oh don’t worry the POWER WENT OUT (we looked outside…we were the only building powerless!) There are no phones in the rooms so I called with my cell phone and let them know of the issue and the response was, “Oh did it go out again, we will get right on it!” …clearly this happens a lot! The next day I got another call around 4pm saying they needed my credit card number…I about died! Basically whoever took it down the night before must have written it down somewhere and MISPLACED IT! At that point I was so pissed, I was basically just over the whole place. Moral of the story is, the hotel isn’t worth the drama! It is cute, the beds are comfy and semi-clean…but man it was such a headache!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank iiilucky1iii
Murrumbateman, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just back from staying 5 nights here. Restful, clean & very comfortable with a delightful French theme running through. There was even a recent copy of Paris Match in the room. Free parking at the back. Friendly service. Really can't fault this place. A great location just 5 minutes' walk from downtown Petaluma which is itself charming. As I left, I looked one last time at the film poster of Zazie Dans Le Metro by the front door -- the quirky smiling girl says it all.

Room Tip: If solo or a couple, ask for room 247 at the back. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Art A, Owner at Metro Hotel & Cafe, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Very glad you enjoyed your stay please come back and stay with us again if you're in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
El Pueblo Inn
El Pueblo Inn
#3 of 11 in Sonoma

Been to Metro Hotel & Cafe? Share your experiences!