Metro Hotel & Cafe
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Petaluma(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$130
AscendHotels
Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$109
$80
Motel 6
  • Pool
$100
Hotels.com
Best Western Petaluma Inn(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$125
Hotels.com
$169
Orbitz.com
$102
Priceline
Best Western Inn(Rohnert Park)(Great Value!)
$129
All reviewscrepesairstream trailerfrench styleself serveanna's nestclawfoot tubone of a kindfun placefrench hoteldrip coffeesmall hotelpink flamingosduckcharming hotelhonor systemmain buildingmake your own
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were in Petaluma on a business. There aren't many choices of hotels in the downtown Petaluma. We choose the Metro Hotel & Cafe due to the location to downtown (within walking distance). We made our reservation over the phone because Metro Hotel had a 50% off if you mention TripAdvisor during the week we were in Petaluma. We reserved a garden room (which means your room is an outside door with a garden) with two queen size beds. When we checked in the room we were shown was a suite with two rooms. We realize that maybe they upgraded us, but we really wanted to stay in the garden room with an outside door. Then they showed us a garden room with one queen bed and said that is was the only other room for us. We decided to stay in the garden room with one queen bed. Somehow our reservation got screwed up. The hotel itself is quaint and it is great to have free parking and wifi. The room was comfortable, but it could have a couple things fixed. The heat was not working, so we used the space heater that was in the room. The toilet seat was broken and the bathroom sink was cracked and rusty. We read the reviews about how this is not a fancy hotel. We are fine with average hotels that are not fancy. We did not have our expectations high. We felt there was a miss connect with the staff and the room could use a little work. The best part was the coffee. We certainly appreciated the wonderful cup of coffee each morning.
We are not sure if the time we are in Petaluma, we would stay at the Metro.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SBCATraveler
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My daughter treated me to a night at the Metro Hotel and it was just a delightful experience. It is very comfortable and French! We happened to stay in a charming room with two beds and a large bathroom, wheelchair accessible. While we didn't require this for our stay, it is nice to know that a small hotel like this would accommodate someone with a disability. We had coffee the next morning in the little cafe. I would love to stay there again.

Very romantic and charming place for couples!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I purchased a Groupon for a two-night stay at Metro Hotel and Cafe w/a bottle of wine and a vineyard tour at Azari Vineyards. Overall, we had a wonderful weekend in wine country.

The Metro is a funky boutique hotel in a great area. It is close to many restaurants and isn't too far from downtown Petaluma. Parking is located behind the hotel and is free. The rooms were cozy and went with the overall theme of the hotel.

The staff were happy to set up our vineyard tour at Azari, which made the entire trip! We had a fabulous time, so if you stay at the Metro take a tour at Azari. We also ate at Sea Modern Thai, adjacent to the hotel, and had an enjoyable dinner.

Next time the Metro is on Groupon, I will definitely buy another!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cam R
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Metro twice now, and have loved both experiences. The Metro is quaint and quirky, homely and comfortable, and well-appointed. The location is very convenient to the downtown area, and is walkable to a couple great restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Craig W
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel reminded me of a great pensione I stayed at in Bari, Italy. Like a pensione with high standards, the Metro Hotel has a comfy bed, hot shower, spacious bathrooms, and some tasty sweet bread to go with your morning coffee.

When I checked in, Jeff was at the front desk to check me in, show me around the place, and helped me to the room--even though I arrived at 8 pm when he was ready to go home for the night.

You can't beat the location. Five walkable blocks to riverfront and downtown dining and walkways. We stayed three nights, and I never had to use my car.

But if you're used to 24 hour services at a hotel, stay at the Sheraton across town. Otherwise, you'll freak out over the repurposed and reused room chairs and table, small bathtub, and no elevator to 2nd floor.

And I must mention that each room has a plastic goose figurine that's been converted into a nightstand lamp. It's a fine balance of kitschy and functional.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business