Metro Hotel & Cafe
Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$139
$80
Motel 6
  • Pool
$110
Best Western Petaluma Inn(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
$130
BestWestern.com
$89
Best Western Inn(Rohnert Park)(Great Value!)
$129
Motel 6 Rohnert Park(Rohnert Park)
$80
$76
Motel 6
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewscrepesairstream trailerfrench styleself serveanna's nestclawfoot tubone of a kindfun placefrench hoteldrip coffeesmall hotelpink flamingosduckcharming hotelhonor systemmain buildingmake your own
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Metro twice now, and have loved both experiences. The Metro is quaint and quirky, homely and comfortable, and well-appointed. The location is very convenient to the downtown area, and is walkable to a couple great restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Craig W
METRO H, General Manager at Metro Hotel & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel reminded me of a great pensione I stayed at in Bari, Italy. Like a pensione with high standards, the Metro Hotel has a comfy bed, hot shower, spacious bathrooms, and some tasty sweet bread to go with your morning coffee.

When I checked in, Jeff was at the front desk to check me in, show me around the place, and helped me to the room--even though I arrived at 8 pm when he was ready to go home for the night.

You can't beat the location. Five walkable blocks to riverfront and downtown dining and walkways. We stayed three nights, and I never had to use my car.

But if you're used to 24 hour services at a hotel, stay at the Sheraton across town. Otherwise, you'll freak out over the repurposed and reused room chairs and table, small bathtub, and no elevator to 2nd floor.

And I must mention that each room has a plastic goose figurine that's been converted into a nightstand lamp. It's a fine balance of kitschy and functional.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 19, 2012

After finding this gem on the internet we spent two fun nights there and met some very interesting people over coffee in the morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful although it is not staffed 24 hours. The furnishings are all in an old Parisian motif with quirky fun accents. I especially enjoyed the claw tooth tub and bubble bath is provided! The beds were very comfortable and everything is clean. The cafe is actually a room to have coffee and bring your lunch or dinner and eat in, (They also have a shared refrigerator for storing leftovers). If you are looking for something clean, comfortable, fun and a little different this is a great place and a good value. Plus everythingis withing walking distance!

Room Tip: We stayed in an upstairs corner suite which was spacious with a lot of light and the bedroom was quiet at night. Very charming.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patti58623

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is the only clean, comfortable hotel in Petaluma.

The Metro is located very close to central downtown Petaluma. Restaurants, bars, theater and shopping .are all within a couple minutes walk.

Rooms are clean, property is attractive and the folks working there are very friendly and helpful.

We are locals and stayed their due to construction at our house.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I took a one night trip down from our home in Mendocino to visit Petaluma. We decided to give the Metro a try as I had read about it when researching earlier trips to the area. The room rates seemed reasonable and the reviews looked great! We arrived in the early evening and were greeted by a friendly, funny, and charming young lady who couldn't of been older than 7 or 8. She directed us to the office and was intent on helping us fill out the requisite paper work for our room. The owner, Arthur, who I assume was the father of the young lady who initially helped us, was engaging and friendly as we discussed the hotel and how we found them. He then offered us a free upgrade to a suite! This was a great start to our stay. I've never had so much fun checking in to a hotel! The suite we ended up choosing was perfect. Plenty of windows over looking the street below. A spacious bathroom with a claw foot tub. Hardwood floors. Perfectly clean and comfortable. We were extremely happy with our choice. This is not a cookie cutter type hotel. Every room is different. The building is full of character. They even have two airstreams out back that you can stay in. Another review said it was like staying in someone's home. I would agree to an extent. We felt comfortable, like staying with friends, yet we enjoyed the professional service of a great hotel. I loved our stay. We are already planning on our return the next time we want to escape the North Coast!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple