Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
  • Pool
Dollar Inn(Petaluma)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsclub levelwine countrynice hotelwine tastingsmall marinafront desk staffthird floorsonoma countybusiness triproom was spaciouseasy accessfitness centershort drivegreat roompool and hot tuboff the highwaydowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2006

Stayed here for three nights in October and most everything was perfect. The location is near enough to wine country to be appealing, but the value compared to Napa & Sonoma area properties is good.
You get a big room with a comfortable bed. Common areas were spotless.
Service was excellent. We requested a quiet room. Two front desk folks "dickered" over which room would be best. We had a first floor room overlooking the Marina and it was wonderful. We hardly knew there were other people in the hotel. Yes, you can see the freeway bridge from that side of the building, but you can barely hear any traffic noise outside, let alone in the room.
The adjacent wetlands have a path where you can exercise & see wildlife if you desire.
Housekeeping was very good. The room was very clean and well kept.
It's true that there is no where in walking distance for dinner (other than the hotel restaurant) but it's a short trip by car to the main area of Petaluma and numerous restaurants.
The drive to wine country is not a long one and it is a nice one. You can take 116 East right from the hotel and get to Sonoma in about 30 minutes after a lovely drive through the countryside.
This place is a winner and I would go back.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mortravel
Reviewed October 14, 2006

Located in Petaluma, a not-so-great town about 15 minutes from Sonoma and thirty minutes from the heart of the Russian River Valley, this larger-than-expected hotel served as a good, clean, and modern base for exploring wine country.

The rooms are well sized and extremely clean, with comfortable beds and a curved shower rod in the bathroom.

The pool and hot tub areas were clean and provided a nice place to take a dip after touring the Wine Country.

The staff were friendly and accommodating, allowing us an early-check-in with no questions asked.

All in all, this is a good place for folks looking to spend a night or two in Wine Country without spending 300 a night on lodging. Of course, if you are looking for a truly luxurious and romantic getaway, there are better choices, but this hotel serves its purpose very, very well.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank qaz123
Reviewed September 24, 2006

I received a very good rate from Sheraton's website for the Sonoma Sheraton in July 2006. The hotel was clean, quiet and the people working there were friendly & helpful.

We had no problems with our room, all our key cards worked fine and even though our room faced the parking lot, it was very quiet. The room was big, perfect for the 4 of us and 2 big luggages. The bathroom was clean and roomy. I had forgotten my toothbrush but a quick trip downstairs to the sundry store solved the problem (they gave it to me for free). The bed was extremely comfortable, we had a really good nites sleep that night!

We tried the restaurant in the lobby and it was excellent. Although it was a tad bit overpriced, the food was delicious. Our waiter (I wish I asked for his name) was so friendly and had a vast knowledge of wine.

The location is right off the 101. There are no restaurants or anything next to it (just some local businesses) so if you do not feel like eating at the hotel, you'll have to jump in your car and head down the road a few miles.

There is a pool, but it faces the restaurant so some people may be uncomfortable having people watch them as they swim. The marina is a nice touch, we walked along it after dinner.

It was about a 20 minute drive from Infineon Raceway. I believe the Petaluma outlets are nearby also. Didn't get a chance to go, next time I will!

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank SJhulawahine
Reviewed September 20, 2006

This is really an okay hotel... no complaints other than the fact the keycard didn't work and I had to keep going back to the front desk for a new one. Repeatedly. And apparently, it happens often. The staff was friendly and apologized, but after one time, shouldn't they have helped me with it... gone with me to my room to make sure it worked?
The thing is, I don't get why this place gets raves. Really! Don't get it. The decor is kind of odd... fine, but bizarrely Tuscan Vegas-y in the lobby, whereas the exterior is Cape Cod-like. The rooms are nothing special, but fine, not just redone, but not old.
I guess all the other hotels in the area must genuinely not be good. I'd stay here again, but I can't say this place is anything than average, especially for the price. One last thing, it looks great in photos, but the marina is literally on the 101 and our room looked out over the marina... and the freeway. And I think we got the good view.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed September 18, 2006

This is a beautiful place that I would classify as a 4 star hotel. We were treated very well by the staff and at the restaurant. Parking is easy and free. This could be a good base for a Sonoma County wine tasting trip. Pet friendly if your pet is extremely well behaved.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)